Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mgib

Rutgers basketball head coach Mike Rice...

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Anyone see the video? Looks like he went to the Bobby Knight school of coaching and then took it two steps further. I think there will be a coaching change.

A coach needs to have an intimidating presence, but in this day in age you got to be careful about everything you do in say. He is a good coach who has intensity but clearly crossed the line, throwing balls at the kids heads.

I figured people were overreacting like usual. I don't have a problem with him cursing at players and grabbing their uni's to get them to do what he wants. Kicking them, shoving them, throwing balls at them - I don't know how the players didn't fire back. My college Baseball coach cursed at us all teh time, he would threaten to fight up (he was almost 60), and one time in teh dugout almost threw blows with another player who challenged him back. I can't see anyone hitting me in teh head with a ball without me throwing it back. Scholarship or not.

Billy, thanks for the vid. Being a tough coach is a good thing, but this guy has issues. Its not like the ends justified the means...This is a highlight reel of him going mental, I wonder what he's like the other 99% of the time?

2 of the bigger sports outlets as well as the goof balls on FAN this morning are all throwing around the name Bobby Hurley as the next coach.  There is no substance to that other then people tossing around an opinion. 

Billy, thanks for the vid. Being a tough coach is a good thing, but this guy has issues. Its not like the ends justified the means...This is a highlight reel of him going mental, I wonder what he's like the other 99% of the time?

Eric Murdock in this video made seem like this is how he normally was, except when the AD came around then he changed his attitude until the AD left then went right back to it.

A coach needs to have an intimidating presence, but in this day in age you got to be careful about everything you do in say. He is a good coach who has intensity but clearly crossed the line, throwing balls at the kids heads.

good coach? This was his 3rd season as Rutgers HC and he hasnt had a team over .500 yet, I'm surprised they didnt use this as a reason to fire him when it first happened, especially with them going to the Big 10 soon. I'm sure they will have plenty of people wanting that position