Followers 0
FliesNPlugs

Clousers with CCG Eyes

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Finatic View Post

Awesome flies. I love the sl11-3h. It's a great hook. I use it a lot

The hook is very sharp and stout! Love these hooks! I tie all my clousers with the sl11-3h now, it has never let me down, has hooked bass up to 38inches and once in a while i touch it up with a file!

Another good strong hook is the Eagle claw 1197 in Nickle or gold The new hooks are Lazor sharp...Check on Ebay for the hooks..Occasionally on over ;load sale..I just bought 500 #1 gold hooks for $20...Thats only $4 per 100.. Different sellers show different prices ..These hooks were in great shape & not seconds..Gotta be 3X strong..Just a thought...Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook Lawrence View Post

Unweighted?

No there weighted, those are the new clear cure goo dumbell eyes, very light but along with the hair on the inner shank and the dumbell eyes, it rides hook up, perfect for fishing skinny areas

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregorjim View Post

Another good strong hook is the Eagle claw 1197 in Nickle or gold The new hooks are Lazor sharp...Check on Ebay for the hooks..Occasionally on over ;load sale..I just bought 500 #1 gold hooks for $20...Thats only $4 per 100.. Different sellers show different prices ..These hooks were in great shape & not seconds..Gotta be 3X strong..Just a thought...Jim

Thanks! I found some great deals on ebay also!

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbf213 View Post

Those look great! I just copied a few and am going to give them a go in the morning.

Please let me know how they catch for you! Pics too!

Please let me know how they catch for you! Pics too!

They worked well. I only got about 20 minutes to fish today before it was back to work. I caught 3 white bass out of a big school on the second, third and fifth casts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbf213 View Post

They worked well. I only got about 20 minutes to fish today before it was back to work. I caught 3 white bass out of a big school on the second, third and fifth casts.

awesome awesome awesome!!!