Any torqeedo ultralight owners out there?

i have the ultralight 402 when they came out have a pro angler 14 and an adventure 16 can use it on both got a extra mounting ball,  they are the best but cost you can make something but never be that light the whole set up is 15 lbs.  a 12 volt battery will weight close that alone i use it mostly to get to where i want to fish and then peddle or drift but what is great is you can take a break and still be going forward  i travel about 15 miles totally when i go out  hope this helps

Just bought a Solar Battery Charger for the Torqeedo ........... It puts out 44watts at 48 volts ........ has enough power to move a Kayak at 2.5 mph without using any battery power. There's also circuitry to power down the power to meet the needs of the engine/battery. With this, I should be able to travel full speed to anywhere I want top go and recharge the battery while fishing ......... just have to figure out how to mount it

Keith ........ I have a. PA .......... I'll pm you with my # .......... I want to see what you did cause I'm looking for ideas. I'm through buying from Hobie for their accessories though.

They treat their PA customers like bastard kids.. The last purchase issue was 2 covers for my PAs. They are listed for the PA but they barely fit and the straps won't reach around the PA. They finally came out with one that actually fit the PA but won't give any trade in to those they screwed over. Matts answer to me was that they are in the kayak business not the cover business even though the cover says Hobie on it and it is sold on their website/dealers and in their catalog. Same with the cart that wasn't welded properly, the side kick that doesn't fit the PA, the H bar that didn't fit the PA 12, the evolve that can't be mounted on the back .like with the Revo/outback, the bait well that bursts at the seams etc etc etc.

Sorry fit the rant ........ Looking for ideas ...... I'm interested in what you did.

Hey Ray .......... Yeah ..... Got it for $600 on The auction site. Nobody else bid on it. Brand new.

I also got a torqeedo deal ....... I looked for the Hook1 discounts and got one about the same price. I also got a torqeedo 503 to use on rented boats on reservoirs. It can also use the solar panel and the ultra lite battery so I don't have to worry about running out of power.

Thanks Rich - nice work!

BTW I want to pick your brain on some details/spec of that charger.

When you have time can you look to see what the output voltage and current of the charger is?

I couldn't see that spec in any of the manuals/literature. I'm thinking it's 24v and around 4 amp or so??

Reason I ask is that I'm looking at some alternative solar charger solutions.

It's 45 watts at 48 volts ......... On their spec page on the website. I called Torqeedo because I wasn't sure how a 48 volt charger would power a 29.6 volt motor/battery without damaging it. The Torqeedo tech said that there is circuitry built in to sense and ratchet down the current. I also confirmed that it would work with the 503 and ultralight directly or thru the battery.

It hasn't arrived yet ........ Should be here by Monday.

Thanks I emailed them today to ask the output and amperage of the charger into the battery.

The stock AC to DC charger is 12v output and around 4.2 amps.

The info on the Torqeedo photo cell charger states that it can be used with any other 24 volt DC equipment.

The circuit board/regulator in the Torqeedo battery circuit board manages the incoming voltage. It also converts to proper motor output voltage.

I want to do these kinds of checks because I think this could be made to work as an alternate unit even if I need to build something to make sure voltage and current into

the battery is correct.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MTGAQYS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3MXRVTC71OWN0&coliid=I8A1V2G4IFTOG&psc=1

Mine is made up from a Torqeedo battery extension cable. I also shortend the cord from the motor. I used marine grade water proof connectors and double layered marine grade shrink tube for the splices.

Oridinally I made up my own cable end connecors using Torqeedo cable which worked fine but I'm happier using the factory cable ends and my splices as the Torqeedo connects are molded and I could never find the same diameter connections that had the correct number of required connections. I go close but in the end happier with the current solution

I don't really go through the hull at all my connection is at my mounting plate and then to the battery which is carried in a Blackpak.