Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ma77h3w58

Daiwa beefstick surf rods?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I agree. For $35 they aren't bad. I have an 8ft and it handles 4-5 oz plus bait pretty good. Also makes a decent bridge or pier rod that you don't mind beating up a bit. It doesn't cast as far as the higher end rods but it works.

I use an 8' on the boat . Can handle the big girls. First two guide frames broke after 3 years of heavy salt exposure even though rinsed after each trip. Still think it's a good buy for the money if all you want is a beater.

I am hoping these Beefstiks are not the current Generation Black Beefstiks - I have a baitcaster GB Beefstik coming on mail- order ; I intended casting lures , and it certainly was'nt inexpensive [ on my budget scale ] . This thread has me quite concerned atm ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barramundi View Post

I am hoping these Beefstiks are not the current Generation Black Beefstiks - I have a baitcaster GB Beefstik coming on mail- order ; I intended casting lures , and it certainly was'nt inexpensive [ on my budget scale ] . This thread has me quite concerned atm ...

you shouldn't be concerned at all. i did everything with my beef stick when i was younger. they are perfectly capable rods. they aren't 'croixs but they will work just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barramundi View Post

The USA versions are completely different from the Australian version. The USA versions are a heavy thick walled fiberglass bottom tier rod and priced accordingly. The Aussie version is HSD (High Structural Density) graphite.

USA version

Daiwa

Beefstick®-SF Surf Rods

beefstick_sf_surf_main.jpg

beefstick-sf_surf_guides.jpg

Heavy-framed, cut-proof ceramic guides. 

Beefstick®-SF Surf Rods Features:

• Super-strong tubular fiberglass blank

• Quality, stainless-hooded composite reel seat

• Heavy-framed, cut-proof ceramic guides

• Non-slip EVA grip

• Rubber butt cap

Model

Number

Power

Action

Length

Feet

Pieces

Line Wt.

(Lb.)

Lure Wt.

(Ounces)

No. 

Guides

Spinning

BFSF702MRS

M 

R 

7' 

10 - 20 

1/2 - 2 

BFSF802MRS

M 

R 

8' 

12 - 30 

1/2 - 4  

BFSF902MHRS

MH 

R 

9' 

12 - 30 

1 - 6  

BFSF1002MHRS

MH 

R 

10' 

14 - 40  

1 - 6  

BFSF1102MHRS

MH 

R 

11' 

17 - 40 

1 - 6  

BFSF1202MHRS

MH 

R 

12' 

17 - 40 

1 - 6  

Casting

BFSF1002MHRB 

MH 

R 

10' 

14-40 

1-6 

BFSF1202HRB

H 

R 

12' 

20 - 40 

1 - 10  

NEW ITEM

Aussie version

Generation Black

1 Piece Rods

The next generation in rod development… Generation Black. The design and development over the past two years for the new GB series has resulted in some of the finest rod actions available that we have developed in this price point. Not only are they some of our most refined actions but also one of our most attractive series ever, the minimal all black matt finish design is truly unique, stealth like in appearance, and the GB rod range is sure to be one of our hottest releases this spring.

Using Daiwa’s HSD (High Structural Density) graphite combined with the blank actions based on our flagship rods like Steez and Black Label, we have created an amazing series of rods but at a fraction of the price. To compliment a brilliant blank, we have finished it with quality componentry, and GB rods feature some of the best available for this price range. Using Fuji’s lightweight Alconite guides so to keep the blanks action, these guides provide superior casting, unlimited line flow and line protection. By combining Fuji’s guide technology with Daiwa’s RR (reduced resistance) guide system, the guide placement and sizing allows for the superior casting qualities available from these blanks.

One of the most important parts of a rod is the reel seat, it needs to hold a reel firmly and be comfortable in your hand, GB rods feature Daiwa’s custom made Tournament Graphite reel seats. The spin models have a screw down foregrips with a removable spacer for smaller reels, EVA insert and grip section for the palm of your hand, while the baitcasters use Daiwa’s TDZ skeleton, it has a super low profile to keep the reel closer to the exposed blank to transfer vibration from the rod and a screw down foregrip. The reel seats are complimented with ultra hard and tough minimalist EVA grips that provide excellent grip and help reduce the weight dramatically.

Finished off in an all matt black finish with minimal styling, the Generation Black series match perfectly with the Ballistic, Freams and Lexa range of spinning reels and baitcasters. Giving you tournament quality tackle without tournament quality pricing. If you ever wanted one series of rods to cover all light tackle lure fishing then the Generation Black series is the series for you.

Features

• HSD – High Structural Density graphite blanks

• Fuji Alconite Guides

• Daiwa Tournament Graphite reel seats

• Ultra tough EVA minimalist split grips

• Technique specific actions

Model

Type

Sections

Length

Action

Taper

Cast Weight

Line Rating

GB 601XHFS Beowulf

Spin

6’0″/183cm

Extra Heavy

Fast

14 – 50g

7 – 15kg

GB 641LFS Pinster

Spin

6’4”/193cm

Light

Fast

1 – 10g

2 – 5kg

GB 641HFS Swamp Donkey

Spin

6’4”/193cm

Heavy

Fast

10 – 28g

4 – 9kg

GB 6101ULFS Drunknmonkey

Spin

6’10”/208cm

Ultra Light

Fast

0.5 – 4g

1 – 2kg

GB 6101LFS Itchy Twitchy

Spin

6’10”/208cm

Light

Fast

1 – 5g

1.5 – 3kg

GB 6101MLFS Wild Weasel

Spin

6’10”/208cm

Medium Light

Fast

2 – 14g

2 – 6kg

GB 601HFB Beefstik

Baitcast

6’0”/ 183cm

Heavy

Fast

10 – 28g

6 – 12kg

GB 641MLRB Finezza

Baitcast

6’4”/193cm

Medium Light

Fast

3 – 14g

3 – 7kg

GB 641MHFB Cranky

Baitcast

6’4”/193cm

Medium Heavy

Fast

7– 21g

4 – 9kg

I had one a few years back, conventiomal. Paid about 25.00 bucks for it, new. Wire guides, and about 10" . Not bad for an inexpensive rod.