Most Beautiful Airplane in Class

Rate this topic

BrianBM

Should I ever be lucky enough to be able to return to GA,, This will be my next ride :love:

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

And with a 200HP Ohhh yeah.. This is a 7 A but man what a fun ride ...

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

Pioneer aircraft:

Blériot XI- Open varnished wood airframe,flying wires,undercambered wing and horizontal stab,wing warpping roll control, walnut prop,translucent doped covering,Anzani 3-cylinder fan radial engine

'Other" class:

Pitcairn Autogyro

Thompson Trophy Racers:

Travel Air Mysteryship

Schneider Trophy Racers:

Supermarine S6. Designed by R.J.Mitchell. Early lines of the yet to come Spitfire are evident here

I knew I'd get a good post from Capt. Buck. Unusual for him, nothing with red hair or a steam boiler.

I'm a long time aviaiton enthusiast Brian as well as steam locomotives, traction engines,steam boats and boats in general, old machinery,space travel,science fiction,gormet cooking,model building and flying,surf fishing and about 2,734,601 other things.

An F104 with real wings

All of those "Century Series" fighters had the glide characteristics of a cement block. More pilots punched in landing them, than were ever killed in combat, in all likelihood. I think the F-105 Thunderchief was the only one that served in 'Nam. I think they were based in Thailand, and flew mainly ground support missions. The delta winged 102 and 106 were designed as high altitude interceptors, and probably would have been next to useless in a dogfight.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver