Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomdatapeworm

CC Appreciated!

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Welcome Tom..... I will first say I am no authority on videos but (not knowing your target audience) I totally agree with Moocks on the soundtrack .... I turned the volume off on the first one about halfway in. Of course I am old and really have zero appreciation of some current forms of music. If your target audience is into such music then I guess it would work on that very limited group. I would say a video like a photograph should tell a story or get a message across to it's viewers. I think it would of been better if you included the act of fishing, the fight, the capture and then the release in the clip so the viewer would be more involved.

Take a look at the Forum's top "sticky item" on "Constructive Criticism". All you need is to put a "CC" in your signature and that lets others know you are receptive to constructive criticism. No need to double post one in a thread and one in it's own thread to receive what you are looking for in suggestions and advice. We do have a couple video guru's who swing by this forum from time to time and maybe they can give you a better critique of this work.

Thank you all for your input.

Yes, I am sorry about the explicit content in the first song and I sincerely hope that no one was offended.  I did not post with ill intentions, I assure you!smile.gif  I sought out a clean version but none seemed to exist.  I will try to document more of the fight on upcoming videos but as fishermen, you all know this is difficult to predict.  Thanks again and I sincerely apologize if anyone took offense to the song.

Tight Lines!

Tom, putting together the various segments of the cast, fight, capture, and release is surely a difficult task but when you accomplish it it will mean far more to you and those who view it. You know the old saying " if it was easy everyone would be doing it". Few things we do that mean anything come easy and it is the challenge that gives it worth.

Have a message or meaning you want the video to tell and then write a plan on how you will achieve it. Once you have a plan then shoot segments to fulfill each of the plans key points to convey your message or meaning. In the above suggestion remember they all do not have to be taken all at once on a single fish. It can be divided over a series of fish or casts. Then just blend the sequences together to make it appear as if they were all taken on one fish from start to finish.

The best photographers I know use a plan to capture a single image to convey their message. A videographers task IMO is even harder and has to be even more thought out to achieve their goals. Good videos are a lot of work and require a lot of attention to the smallest of details. I take my hat off to anyone who accepts the challenge of videography. Best of luck Tom with this journey...