Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RCrowley

I'm glad we now recognize Economic Freedom along with Social Freedoms

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I've been concerned about economic freedom and the ability to pursue it for some time but noticed it was in one ear and out the other for many of the PG crowd. I hope the studies performed by the Mercatus Center brings raises awareness to this issue and that we can have a meaningful dialogue on it at a national level. The next time I talk to a political candidtae it will be the first topic I raise and ask them what they are doing to preserve economic freedoms or increase them.

I've been concerned about economic freedom and the ability to pursue it for some time but noticed it was in one ear and out the other for many of the PG crowd. I hope the studies performed by the Mercatus Center brings raises awareness to this issue and that we can have a meaningful dialogue on it at a national level. The next time I talk to a political candidtae it will be the first topic I raise and ask them what they are doing to preserve economic freedoms or increase them.

nothing you can't line their election chests to make a difference. They will give you back the same rhetoric you deal in and you will like the R and hate the D.

The pollsters count on your predictable voting pattern.

It's been discussed on here many times. No new ground there. You can bring it up to politicians, but don't expect more than lip service.

The big problem is that cutting spending and increasing economic freedom is an austerity program that takes money out of people's pockets. That's no way to keep your job in Washington. In fact, it's a ticket home to find work in the dreaded private sector. The pols aren't giving up their cushy jobs for that.

What you really need to do is identify politicians that will help us buck the trend. Term limits would be a major boon. As would politicians that are serious about cutting spending.

nothing you can't line their election chests to make a difference. They will give you back the same rhetoric you deal in and you will like the R and hate the D.

The pollsters count on your predictable voting pattern.

I think they can make a difference and will watch closely what happens in Wisconsin under the leadership of Scott Walker. I do expect the majority of city and state level Dem candidates to be struggle with the concept and probabaly not be able to give an answer.