Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stroipaHuntah

Hogy Flounder Lures

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about adding Hogy's flounder artificials to my arsenal.  I constantly see cormorants sucking down little flounders so I know they're around, and it seems like a real nice snack for mr. bass.  In fact, I think cormorants + bass are the reason the winter flounder fishery has gone downhill in my neck of the woods so much (western LIS),

Does anybody use them with success?  They're still relatively new

I'm thinking about adding Hogy's flounder artificials to my arsenal.  I constantly see cormorants sucking down little flounders so I know they're around, and it seems like a real nice snack for mr. bass.  In fact, I think cormorants + bass are the reason the winter flounder fishery has gone downhill in my neck of the woods so much (western LIS),

Does anybody use them with success?  They're still relatively new

Love Hogy stuff. Just pointing out that way back in the 80's there was the first plastic flounder lure called the Petri lure. I believe the originator was the LI based guy. Thought you might like to know that shape plastic is not a new.

Cobia like them, but cobia will take just about anything it seems.  Grouper also like em. 

I'm thinking that I'll try these early season on sandy + muddy bottoms with jig head or darter head, and maybe tip it with a bit of sandworm (mostly for confidence). 

Dloat, how did they swim?

They have some action but I was tryin them in an inlet with those weighted hooks they sell which didn't weigh enough to not get swept away with the current. I didn't really use em much after that but I think ill give them a shot again soon out back with a heavier leadhead.

They have some action but I was tryin them in an inlet with those weighted hooks they sell which didn't weigh enough to not get swept away with the current. I didn't really use em much after that but I think ill give them a shot again soon out back with a heavier leadhead.

Only good on a sand surface it would seem, the video looks pretty good. I was gonna try them and the lobster one they have, I almost never keep a fish, but Whenever I fillet one for someone always find lobsters in them, That's why they come to Maine, for the LOBSTAH!!

Lobstahhhhh.  Down in the lobster-less waters of CT the most common thing I find are those mantis shrimp, and I saw a study recently on how the most commonly thing found in stripers bellies are crabs.  Makes me want to try a freshwater type bass jig bounced on the bottom

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.arkiejigs.com/rb_27.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.arkiejigs.com/&h=255&w=380&sz=45&tbnid=f13z7gDOHzySQM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=124&zoom=1&usg=__oRFsVxxk89r_PRqLYi6BmTK7SN0=&docid=YHMjxvJ1po0WTM&sa=X&ei=lHdcUby2ArK40AHzhoCQDw&ved=0CD0Q9QEwAg&dur=405