Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gloucester2

Excellent - a few more dropped off at the Canal railrod bridge

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

From what I gather, the stops are South Station>Lakeville>Buzzards Bay>Hyannis. I don't think that the trains will stop anywhere on the South Shore. Places like Weymouth, Abington, Halifax, etc are on a different line than the one that goes to Lakeville, I think. :confused:

Hey DJ, long time no....:wave:

the MBTA page says all trains stop at braintree on the weekends, and the Friday Night /Sunday night trains will also stop at Brockton & Bridgewater.

http://capeflyer.com/reservations-tickets/capeflyer-trainpricing-routes/#sthash.r0oJoTlC.dpbs

they did say that the Greenbush would never work, 3 years later my wife can't get a seat from Weymouth.

Also, good for Sox fans on the Cape for day games over the summer - no driving means more beers :D

Hey DJ, long time no....:wave:

the MBTA page says all trains stop at braintree on the weekends, and the Friday Night /Sunday night trains will also stop at Brockton & Bridgewater.

http://capeflyer.com/reservations-tickets/capeflyer-trainpricing-routes/#sthash.r0oJoTlC.dpbs

they did say that the Greenbush would never work, 3 years later my wife can't get a seat from Weymouth.

Also, good for Sox fans on the Cape for day games over the summer - no driving means more beers :D

If I owned a 5 figure Pinarello, I'd be standing right next to it during that Brockton stop. :D

DJ, You want one, let me know.1000

This one was about $15K with Campy Super Record EPS.

This one was a little more with Dura Ace 7900, the ZIPPS and a DA SRM.

The most expensive one I've sold was over $18K before the price of the frames dropped in 2013 with full ENVE composites and ceramic bearings throughout.

I'd probably settle for the red one. Zipps would look kinda like overkill for the service road. I mean, I chuckle when I see dudes with aero bars on the Canal.

I use a seat wedge, but, if I had a full-bore tricked out racer, I think I'd go for the pro look and lose it. ;)

The Singing Cowboy would put a rack on it for his boom box, and clamp a riser to the bars. Even though he rides no-hands most of the time. :th:

:shock: 15k? Good Lord. I have one of these out in the barn. 1000

I paid 15k for it. It allegedly goes 200 mph, and you dont have to pedal.

I'd probably settle for the red one. Zipps would look kinda like overkill for the service road. I mean, I chuckle when I see dudes with aero bars on the Canal.

I use a seat wedge, but, if I had a full-bore tricked out racer, I think I'd go for the pro look and lose it. ;)

The Singing Cowboy would put a rack on it for his boom box, and clamp a riser to the bars. Even though he rides no-hands most of the time. :th:

Ever check out the speeds some people do on the service road on strava?

Ever check out the speeds some people do on the service road on strava?

Yes I have. In fact, I know this guy very well: :D

http://app.strava.com/activities/52011690?fb_source=feed_opengraph#933585980

On the Cape side, there's a local triathlete who averaged 30 mph between the Bourne and the Sag. :shock:

I'm doing a 65 mile to the top of Wachusett tomorrow, a first for me. Ill try for some KOMs over the summer.

You need an east wind, and a day when there aren't a lot of walkers on the Canal, on that one. It's hard to chase KOMs when there are a lot of people using the road. And probably not a safe thing to even try. Mine won't last very long, once more people start riding. I'll settle for it being 1st among the 55-64 age group. ;)

Good luck. I'm going to Middleboro tomorrow for a century. I'd love to give Mt. Greylock a shot this summer.

No I won't be going for KOMs on the service road, I would not feel safe doing that. Good luck on the century, I'll be doing the Charles River Wheelmen spring century later in the month.

I'm being totally honest with this question,  I'm a fat guy now, but even when I was at 4% bodyfat, I rode on one of those seats and it hurt.  and I mean, hurt!  How do you do it???   

DJ, You want one, let me know.1000

This one was a little more with Dura Ace 7900, the ZIPPS and a DA SRM.

The most expensive one I've sold was over $18K before the price of the frames dropped in 2013 with full ENVE composites and ceramic bearings throughout.

I need a road bike, any suggestions for someone who has a budget of only 1500$ ?