Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Circle Hooks

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

Hi guys, been lurking for a few years decided to join up today. Do you think I should be using circle hooks for trout? I'll be using power bait. and a mojo.

What do you have for swivels?

I will also be deadsticking 4 oz jigs with curly tail grubs. Do you think curly tails are ok for a mojo?

You should be good so long as you load up with Samurai Braid first :th:

When you get to the river make sure to cast right between the legs of the guy with the fanciest waders and vest, that's where the fish like to hide.

My friend told me that rainbow trout will bite if you use a VS, but the brown trout are a bit pretentious and will only bite from a ZB
Your friend obviously knows his stuff.

A sharpie. From Montauk by any chance?

I saw a GUY last year using night crawlers, on a Mepps Spinner, deadsticked under a bobber.

Now that, mah friends, is the definitive sharpie.

I saw a gay last year using night crawlers, on a Mepps Spinner, deadsticked under a bobber.

Now that, mah friends, is the definitive sharpie.

Homer?

or just a typo

:huh:

When you get to the river make sure to cast right between the legs of the guy with the fanciest waders and vest, that's where the fish like to hide.
Funny you should say that.

A couple of years ago, I was fishing for sea run brown trout (stockers) in a place near me. Kills the time in the late fall after the stripers leave.

There was a fly guy in full regalia flailing away, and the fish were rising right next to him. He's not even looking at the swirls, just back and forth, back and forth in the opposite direction. Earlier in the day, I said good morning to him, and he just stared at me. I guess because I didn't have a fly rod. :(

I was wading back up the river on my way out, saw a swirl about 2 feet away from him, so I plunked a rooster tail right on it, and within 2 cranks, I had a nice brown on the line. Was my way of saying eff you to him. He just stared at me again. :laugh: