Followers 0
jpiercy13

dead bloodworms

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpiercy13 View Post

have a few that did not make it since weekend.  are they good to use still

I read that you should leave them in the seaweed, but place newspaper on top and below them to absorb the slime/moisture they create. Place them in the least coldest part of the fridge and turn them over twice a day. I'm trying it now for the few that I have left from yesterday. They can last up to 2 weeks.

Just a question, does anyone know what they get for a dozen blood and sand worms? I haven't gone flounder fishing in years, and remember paying around $3.50 a dozen for either one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack tener View Post

Just a question, does anyone know what they get for a dozen blood and sand worms? I haven't gone flounder fishing in years, and remember paying around $3.50 a dozen for either one.

It's 3x as much now.

Sands around $8, bloods at least $12 a doz.

Wow, i figured they'd be more, but didn't think that much more. Just goes to show you how long it's been since i went. Between that and the price of gas, it's really getting to be rediculious.

I wonder why bloods and sands are cheaper in CT (at least where I am). I fish in both areas and always wondered why sand worms were around $4 a dozen in CT yet so expensive in NJ

Must be a local supply thing

I wonder why bloods and sands are cheaper in CT (at least where I am). I fish in both areas and always wondered why sand worms were around $4 a dozen in CT yet so expensive in NJ

Must be a local supply thing

they come from maine so possibly transporting them also they don't keep real easy so i bet most shops add the dead ones into the price.

they come from maine so possibly transporting them

That's what they tell you but don't be fooled. You can buy them locally by the flat at a fraction of the price if you find the right sources. They jack up the price because THEY CAN.

Check out this thread some one posted a video from you tube in there about bloodworms it's a cool video from dirty jobs

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/887131/how-dangerous-is-a-blood-worms-mouth/15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8DQ436F4g

The thread was meant to be fun and kind of mock the how dangerous is a bluefish mouth

So feel free to bump it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpiercy13 View Post

have a few that did not make it since weekend.  are they good to use still

9 days later and the blood worms are still alive using the method I posted above. Gonna use them tomorrow.