Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJTramcar

Clay lumps on the beach

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

We were walking the beach in Stone Harbor on Saturday and there were numerous large lumps of dark clay mixed with small stone. I thought they were stones but when you picked it up, it was definately clay. It was everywhere at the tide line.

Does the shore normally have clay or was this from Sandy or another storm? I thought it was found in just freshwater areas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ View Post

They are the souls of fly fishers who slid back to bait. Everyone knows that.

i always thought they were the souls of dr's and lawyers that sold their tennis racquets and golf clubs for a teaser and an ava!  

Thanks guys. i picked one up to look at the rocks and my first thought was that the biggest dog that ever lived had been on the beach but I realized it was clay. :o Some were the size of my foot.

Actually I was hoping it was whale vomit but it didn't smell and that's ok because I didn't know how to contact the perfume companies to buy it.

I was told by a wise man on this site that sandy sucked all the sand off the ocean floor right down to the clay. Maybe this applies in your area also

Ha ha, I wish Stone Harbor was my area. I love reading "beautiful starter beach home just reduced to $4 million". Just down for the day. Still a bit out of my price range. I did find out there is someone with with my name in town when I introduced myself to someone. Some day.