Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmartin

EARLY MORNINGS

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

You have to love these morning shots when you first walk up to the beach early in the season to try a new rod or reel, and the ocean breeze hits you and take that first cast out and you get a whiff of that ocean and the birds flying around you, then when you first walk up to that jetty ..or even just walk the beach plugging and what makes it even more of a great morning is if you hook into a nice fighting striper..come on guys you have to love these mornings highfive.gif

I surf at dawn every time I go out.

As far as fishing this time of year, I can think of a lot of things better than fishing in the cold in March. Mostly fishing in the morning of any other month of the season :p I have spent the last few weeks praying for warm weather and cursing myself for fishing.

I love fising during the wee hours between midnight and 4AM, but there is still something special about first light. Just as the sky goes from jet black to gunmetal grey, then the colors start to show...magical. maybe its the lack of sleep, but I find it so tranquil...................until a fat bass explodes on a surface plug, disrupting the peace and quiet and all hell breaks loose!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its almost time!

Nothing like that first bit of light, either you realize you've been out way too long or gets you fired up to keep going for another hour or two.

Nothing like that first bit of light, either you realize you've been out way too long or gets you fired up to keep going for another hour or two.

Ohh man ... Do I remember those nights ..lol cause I paid dearly for those nights...ok ok 1 more hour .. Then it becomes 2 hours .. And before you know it your calling in sick for work the next day ;-)