Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dont

Sarasota, FL guides

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

If you search this site for "sarasota", you'll find several earlier threads in which favorite access sites are revealed, sometimes to some consternation.

I just got back from there a couple weeks ago. Hopefully, you'll have warmer weather.

I've never used a guide down there, but I understand that Tony Petrella is good--Google is aware of him and his partner, John.

Steve

If you're going a little farther south, I have to give a shout out to Captain Daniel Andrews.  He's a great guide and can put you on fish any day.  Throwing the fly rod is his specialty for big tarpon.  Check out his site and weekly fishing report here.

Tight lines!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dont View Post

Where is Andrews out of?

Daniel can pick up from a wide range of places but I think he's mainly based in Pine Island, Captiva Island, Sanibel Island, Matlacha, and Fort Meyers.  He's the great if you're in the area.  Put you on good fish every time.

:)Try Capt. Ed Hurst. I have fished with him many times over the past years. He specializes in fly but also fishes light spin out of a 17ft ActionCraft skiff. . 941 928-3716. Give him a call you won't be disappointed. The end of the month should be great down there.

You can mention my name if you like.

Tom Esposito

Fished with ed last week. Very good time. Fishing a bit slow,unbutton he worked very hard to get us on fish. Turns out he went to highschool with my brother in law.

Thanks forthwith recommendation. I mentioned your namenand he appreciated the reference.

Best - Don