Wicked tuna, real or fake?

Rate this topic

mikeR09

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonesurffishin View Post

right on the money agree.gif

I would rather watch this then the continuous repeats on WFN of "Fishing the Flats" and the other shows that are on repeat and cycle through every 6 hours.  The first two times I watch and episode are ok, but after that I need variety lol

(*member formerly known as 'rookie surf')

I remember the show "swords, life on the line" or what ever it was, now "wicked tuna"...I want to pitch a show to A&E to compete and call it "Blue Fish, biting a limb off" or "White Perch, the everything  fish" or maybe even a show "Skates...the bait stealers"  Sorry my kids did not sleep much last night and I am a little sleep deprived right now?:snr: 

(*member formerly known as 'rookie surf')

Love tuna fishing but this show is borderline unwatchable.

As soon the guy with the big teeth and Boston accent starts yapping, that's it for me.

I couldn't stand a half hr on a boat offshore with that guy.

"Where is my mind?  Waaaaay out in the water see it swimming?"

• 7 months later...

thats bs.. it all depends on the amount of viewers the show has. 

a poplar show will pay their reality tv "stars" 20k/ to 25k an episode but low budget shows start around $1000/ episode.

I would guesstimate that Wicked tuna is paying their guys 5- 10k a show considering their in a season 3.

As for it being fake; its a pretty "real" show for a reality tv, they have a guideline the show follows and dont forget they film 7-10 hours a day and spend hours in the editing room before its aired. the directors create a story line and pick the most entertaining parts to show viewers.