Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeR09

Wicked tuna, real or fake?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

I love the show, commercial fishing or not I love to see rods bending.

I saw the one where the captain of a boat pushed the kid to the ground and it made me reconsider my faith in the show. Could this be real? who would assault another person on camera and risk facing charges? Are the events on the show scripted (acting)? What do you think?

A lot of the action and emotion they catch is obviously real, but they make up a lot of stuff.  They try to create drama and stir the pot,  the $$ amounts for the fish are not even accurate (they weigh 1 boats fish with its head, tail and guts and the next boats all dressed out.)  I do know the fight was a real event that was not staged, apparently Ralph is what you see on TV and went after Tyler without hesitation.  Its reality TV and they have to sell it to the public so a lot of it is scripted, I don't think any reality TV show is 100% real.  

One thing is for sure----it's real for the tuna. Now for some hear-say. Someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows one of the captains told us he gets $85,000 for being on the show.

One thing is for sure----it's real for the tuna. Now for some hear-say. Someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows one of the captains told us he gets $85,000 for being on the show.

false

Why are the Tuna dead when lifted on to the decks. The harpoon doesn't kill them. I know, I've caught a few myself.

I believe they drag them backwards to completely bleed them. Or at least leave them in the water tail ropes until the expire.

The Tyler and Ralph thing was possibly real, Tyler is a punk, he picks fights with all the other captains (or bass pro employees for that matter) . I think the on deck taunting may have been scripted, but Ralph's reaction would be entirely plausible. I wouldn't want some little **** head laughing at me on my dock at the end of the day.

I watche it sometimes, because they are rod n reel fishing. If it was nets, I wouldn't watch it (like some of the other shows). The show is boring as hell, though. I know you put guys on a boat and **** goes bad, there's gonna be cursing, yelling, pushing, fights. But it looks scripted or overdone for the show to me.

I like when the music builds and they zoom in on the reel ,you hear the clicker go off,and when they show the guy fighting the fish,the reel is different. :D This show and professional wrestling are all the only true to life shows on TV. Ok maybe Amish Mafia as well. :D

The Tyler and Ralph thing was possibly real, Tyler is a punk, he picks fights with all the other captains (or bass pro employees for that matter) . I think the on deck taunting may have been scripted, but Ralph's reaction would be entirely plausible. I wouldn't want some little **** head laughing at me on my dock at the end of the day.

Tyler is a pinhead but he out fishes most if the other captains. I see he is now sponsored by Alutecnos - best Tuna reels you can buy or be given because your on TV.

I agree though, this show is as fake as wrasslin

What do thy get paid for the show? And anyone else see that show that was on discovery almost all day yesterday? I forget the name but it was something generic sounding like hooked on tuna or something along those "lines"

Of course it's scripted to a certain extent. They need to build in conflict or drama to keep the audience watching. Just catching or not catching fish gets boring real quick of your on the couch and not in the boat.

In last nights episode (oh yeah, I watch the series) Paulie is leasing a boat. Paulie....Where did he get the money to do that? Do you think for one minute Paulie has or ever had the the money to lease a boat? Not likely. Nat Geo's production team is financing the story line of Paulie against the world.

Not a big deal, it's just the "hollywood" treatment. It also cracked me up that he hits a sandbar on the way out of the harbor. How many times did he make that trip in the past? Electronics or no electronics......It's just TV.

What do thy get paid for the show? And anyone else see that show that was on discovery almost all day yesterday? I forget the name but it was something generic sounding like hooked on tuna or something along those "lines"

I have no idea about the compensation factor but I was watching Discovery yesterday and all I saw was a repeat of that ridiculous "Megalodon still lives " show :dismay: