Fishing Tackle Storage... lets see your mancave setups...

Rate this topic

FishinDVM

• 2 years later...

I love my bakers rack. $60 at Bed Bath & Beyond or Home Depot. All of my Plano trays, lead buckets and plastic shoeboxes of plastics fit nicely

Old thread I know...

You can also get those racks at restaurant supply places, and they are freaking bombproof!  (They're built for storage shelving in the walk-in coolers and for dry goods.)   Search for "used restaurant equipment".  They are often available for $0.30 0n the dollar, even less.  I must have at least 10 sets of these here.  The not-so-pretty ones are in the garage or workshop holding paint, tools, etc. The others storage for whatever in the attic, cellar, etc.  

Nice thing about restaurant supply places is that  you can find shelves in ALL sizes, from 8 or 12 inches deep to 36" deep, and lengths from 2' to 6'.

HTH

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

• 6 years later...

So not quite a man cave, nor a dedicated space as can be seen by the non-fishing items encroaching on my gear storage space.  It is really just some room I carved out in my garage.  It is adequate since I don't have the impressive collection of gear that some of the more serious, extreme guys here have. 639e02cb92074_FishiingGearStorage.jpg.5b9f0d1c698714c081e865367c4c3135.jpg

"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."   -- A.K. Best --

• 1 month later...

I bought this "Kast King" vertical rod holder as I like to keep my current rotation easy to grab and tie leaders all from sitting at my office desk.  It's well thought out just need to be careful with it, some of it is flimsy.  But the rest of my rods I have stored above my desk in my office and I need to stand on a chair to reach them.  Keeps them out of harms way but not for every day.  I like to tie fresh leaders with FG knot and have a great system just leaving rod in holder and using Quick Grip clamps seated at my desk.

20230129_133442.jpg.472ff48f2bfa2e053c05f57f86a9243e.jpg

When I switch from inshore to trolling to tuna I keep my top 10 rods in the vertical holder.

Everything else I store in Homey D totes labeled (Jigs, Tuna, Line, Tools, Plugs, Albies)

20230129_133523.jpg.145e7ee2634d8c1e5fc890a44bb63494.jpg