Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinDVM

Fishing Tackle Storage... lets see your mancave setups...

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking for some ideas on home storage for LOTS of fishing tackle.  I own multiple tool boxes filled with lures, weights, line, etc... probably 8-10 boxes total... and then of course all the rods and reels.  Just curious how your garage or "man cave" is setup (pictures if you have them) as I am about to organize all my stuff and don't like the multiple boxes.  Not being a millionaire, my ceiling will not accommodate storing surf rods vertically.  So, im thinking of some sort of full wall setup with multiple storage bins, horizontal rod storage, and maybe multiple nails for hanging lures... but im not sure.  Also, anyone using methods to reduce moisture? as I notice the lures sitting for a few years that I never use have gotten some of that greenish corrosion (just a few) eventhough im pretty sure I put them all away bone dry after rinsing off salt water.  Any pics would be great as visuals get my mind goin...   Thanks, Chris

I don't have pictures, but I used to have a small bureau that I had stacked plano boxes and reels lined up in, each slot in the boxes got a silica gel packet, and each reel (which was ziplocked) got a silica gel packet. It worked pretty good, ate the moisture up and I had minimal to zero rusting issues.

Dude you have a TON of plugs.... Check your PM's I sent you my home address :D

lol. :laugh:

Proof that even us Tavernites fish? :laugh:

Sometimes I even catch. Sometimes. ;)

I made a holder out of wood , hole saw then jig saw it works well1000

very nice, you can line the raw edges where the rods lay on the wood with the soft side of Velcro tape. -the rough side could be used for bins that you put in your truck so they do not slide around anymore-

Wow, some of you guys have the nightmare house to the fish.

It's dark and stormy, the fish jump into an old house to get out of the storm then lightning flashes and all the plugs and lures are lit up on the wall. The fish turn to run and then...:shock:

I bought one of those plastic cabinets from Lowe's with shelves. I put wooden dowels inside in-between the door frames to hang plugs that i'm not storing in plano boxes.