Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjspei

Airbrush problems

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I am having 2 separate airbrush problems. I am using badger siphon feed brushes with createx paints.

The first problem is I have an airbrush that sprays in a kind of cycle. Hard to explain but if I try to paint a long continuous line it looks more like a line that starts out heavy and slightly tapers to a complete void then starts over without ever lifting my finger. I have tried cleaning it several times with no change.

I have another brush that will spit paint. I will be painting just fine then i get a couple random larger drops of paint on my nice smooth paint job. It seems like The paint is building up on the nose and maybe even needle? of the airbrush then getting blown on to my plug.

Thanks for any help.

Tim

Condensation was a large issue for me. I just added an in line airbrush filter at the airbrush. Not sure if this is your issue but it may save you some time researching the problem.

Condensation was a large issue for me. I just added an in line airbrush filter at the airbrush. Not sure if this is your issue but it may save you some time researching the problem.

I added an inline filter about 2 weeks a go but it didnt help.

Tim

I am no expert, however I have seen something similar to what you are describing.

Paint flow inconsistency - This will usually resolve for me if I thin the paint with a bit of water.

Blobs of Paint - Without seeing it, it is hard to say.  Are you starting the gun over the project?  Always start your gun off to one side and then bring it in over the project. Has your paint been froze? That can sometimes also cause this (and you paint flow consistency problems).

Could be a cleanliness issue as well.  But it sounds like you have that covered.

RX

To me it sounds like your tip is clogged. Take apart the airbrush piece by piece and soak in airbrush restorer. The actual tip of the airbrush is the piece the needle penetrates and is held in by the tip protector. I have found that clumps of paint and crud get jammed in this tip piece and impede the flow of air and paint though the tip. Not only do I soak this piece in restorer but I need to coax the clog out with a needle. I have an iwata eclipse, not sure how yours goes together but I hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. I tried the cleaning and other fixes suggested but am still having problems. I did stop some of the splatters by not starting over my plug as suggested. I think I am just going to upgrade to an iwata.

Thanks

Tim

Sounds like your paint is old. I had the same problem some years ago but my paint was stored in the garage but my garage gets over 100 degrees inside during the summer. I bought new paint and worked fine after words.