Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigFish79

Mary Lee the great white shark

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I have been watching Chris Fischer and Captain Brett since Offshore Adventures tv show.  The stuff they are doing for research is unbelievable.  Even back during the show, the reverence they showed for the sea and its creatures was amazing.  The whole crew loves the ocean and it resources.  This is an impressive team!  I'm glad they are doing what they can to protect the sharks.  We all should.

That was an awesome show, pretty cool all the different species and types of fishing those guys did.

Quote:

that doods wife was/is hot!!!  pig2.gif

I gotta agree with you there^^^ 

I have been watching Chris Fischer and Captain Brett since Offshore Adventures tv show.  The stuff they are doing for research is unbelievable.  Even back during the show, the reverence they showed for the sea and its creatures was amazing.  The whole crew loves the ocean and it resources.  This is an impressive team!  I'm glad they are doing what they can to protect the sharks.  We all should.

+1 :hi5:

So where do you think she will wind up in the next month? She seems to be heading north now after going down to Bermuda and heading east along the continental shelf and now north. Marthas Vineyard?

So where do you think she will wind up in the next month? She seems to be heading north now after going down to Bermuda and heading east along the continental shelf and now north. Marthas Vineyard?

Right back to Chatham/Monomoy.

If she comes back to MV, hopefully it won't be the week of 7/27 :shock::shock::shock:

It's funny that she spent so much time off the continental shelf. I know that in the pacific, Dr Doemier thought the sharks went to the SOFA area to feed on giant squid. Has anyone heard of giant squid in the Atlantic? That would make sense, deep feeding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripedbassking View Post

Pretty cool to see where she is, WE should do that with Stripers,if they havent already, so we could see where they are. Would be kinda neat I think.

The tracking device is the size of a VCR.

It's bolted to the dorsal fin.

It's not a traditional fish tag, it's a gps tracking device with a battery array large enough to last apparently years.