Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paymaster

Moved to the Dark Side

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I added this to my collection of cookers. I just could not pull the trigger on a $900 BGE( with all the accessories ). So the next best thing was the Akorn. Got lots of friends with them and they seem to love them. I will be doing some chicken tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Good Luck !

I saw that at the box store last year. I wound up grabbing the cover for the acorn. It fit my Saffire perfectly.

Love my Kamado! Made a pernil for the 1st time on Easter. Was a huge success.

I am blown away. I set the Akorn up to run at 345* and cooked three chicken halves. Cooked for 45 minutes and Wow!!!!!! Good eats!!!!!!!!!!!

I am blown away. I set the Akorn up to run at 345* and cooked three chicken halves. Cooked for 45 minutes and Wow!!!!!! Good eats!!!!!!!!!!!

sure does look good!

I just pulled the trigger on a red Akorn. I got it for under $250. I have read nothing but good reviews about this Kamado.

I believe I will be putting my 22.5" WSM up for sale.

Bernzy

I just pulled the trigger on a red Akorn. I got it for under $250. I have read nothing but good reviews about this Kamado.

I believe I will be putting my 22.5" WSM up for sale.

Bernzy

how'd ya get it for under 250 ?

I bought it at "Menards" and it is on sale until Sunday for $247.00 plus an 11% Menards rebate.

If you are not near a Menards ( Lowes, Home Depot type store) You can print out their ad and I think that Lowes might match the price less the 11% rebate

Use 46250 as the zip code if you want to print out the ad.

Menards also has it on their website. Lowes may match the internet price as well.

I am :drool::drool: thinking about the possibilities!

Bernzy

I bought it at "Menards" and it is on sale until Sunday for $247.00 plus an 11% Menards rebate.

If you are not near a Menards ( Lowes, Home Depot type store) You can print out their ad and I think that Lowes might match the price less the 11% rebate

Use 46250 as the zip code if you want to print out the ad.

Menards also has it on their website. Lowes may match the internet price as well.

I am :drool::drool: thinking about the possibilities!

Bernzy

Got mine at Lowe's and with the veteran's discount and discount for using my Lowe's card mine was pretty close to that. I bought a Weber 22.5 grate to use with a pizza stone I already had, as a heat diffuser. Beats paying $50 for the CharGriller diffuser. The 22.5" grate fits perfectly on the diffuser brackets. I plan to give the Akorn a full work out this weekend with some ribs or a butt.

Got mine at Lowe's and with the veteran's discount and discount for using my Lowe's card mine was pretty close to that. I bought a Weber 22.5 grate to use with a pizza stone I already had, as a heat diffuser. Beats paying $50 for the CharGriller diffuser. The 22.5" grate fits perfectly on the diffuser brackets. I plan to give the Akorn a full work out this weekend with some ribs or a butt.

You can't beat the price. I had to order mine as they were out of stock so I won't have it until Monday. I did go to Lowes yesterday to get a closer look and the fit and finish is very good.

I will be paying attention to your reports on the long smoke for the Butts this weekend.

Bernzy

You can't beat the price. I had to order mine as they were out of stock so I won't have it until Monday. I did go to Lowes yesterday to get a closer look and the fit and finish is very good.

I will be paying attention to your reports on the long smoke for the Butts this weekend.

Bernzy

Well you know me, I will certainly share some reports and pics.:)