Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfnfish93

Second Batch of Plugs

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Just finished a few more plugs. This is my second batch of them and they came out much better than the first. They are also sealed unlike the first batch. I sealed them with epoxy so lets see if they hold up better. The orange/yellow is a 5 inch spook made out of pine for saltwater and the orange/blue is a 3 inch pine spook made for freshwater (bluegill imitation). Im really happy with the paintjob on the saltwater spook and I got nice big eyes for them so they look better than before :th:

Any criticism/questions/comments are welcome, Thanks,

Surfnfish93

paint looks killer on the orange spook, only suggestion is to recess the holes for the eyes, so they sit flatter.

Yeah I am definitely going to try that on the next batch with a spade bit. Thanks for the compliment on the paint!

Nice work for only your second round. Not sure if it is the pic or not but the hooks on the bigger spook look a little large for that size plug. (might hinder the action) If it swims well as is then good deal, :th: but if not, it is something easy to change out. Especially with split rings.

Good luck with them.

Nice work for only your second round. Not sure if it is the pic or not but the hooks on the bigger spook look a little large for that size plug. (might hinder the action) If it swims well as is then good deal, :th: but if not, it is something easy to change out. Especially with split rings.

Good luck with them.

Thanks, yeah I only have two sizes of hooks right now and these were the best fit. It does swim well so I guess Itll work

Great looking stuff ,what size screw eyes?,gauge wise i mean.They look muck meatier than mine which are from jencraft size 308 L 1/16 ss tig ,not sure what it all means,

Great looking stuff ,what size screw eyes?,gauge wise i mean.They look muck meatier than mine which are from jencraft size 308 L 1/16 ss tig ,not sure what it all means,

Not sure, I just bought the 3/4" thread 1" overall length ones from netcraft