Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Warpedgoose

rod strength

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Any rod had it's limitations. It sounds like that rod may have a quick action tip, but it depends how you cast though. I tend to adjust my casting, depending on the rod I use.

But,

as I am getting older, my custom rod swings ar enot as perfectly balanced for each rod I carry that day. Here is an example, of a rod I used the day after I was using a meat stick:

Yes it has a very quick action. So you think I should use a light touch when casting? Its my first expensive rod snd I don't want to break it. I just loaded up on 3ounce sinkers for the season and I don't want them to go to waste. I don't want to endanger my gear though

Yes it has a very quick action. So you think I should use a light touch when casting? Its my first expensive rod snd I don't want to break it. I just loaded up on 3ounce sinkers for and I don't want them to go to waste. I don't want to endanger my gear though

Yes it has a very quick action. So you think I should use a light touch when casting? Its my first expensive rod snd I don't want to break it. I just loaded up on 3ounce sinkers for and I don't want them to go to waste. I don't want to endanger my gear though

What type and where will you be fishing with a 3 ounce sinker(strictly NS?), keep in mind bait as well?

Seems like a custom made rod of that nature would be better suited for plugs, tins, and bucktails.

I prefer a 3/4 or 1oz - 3oz rating as it gives more flexibility with lures and conditions. I utilize mainly bucktails ,occasional tins and alot of Super Strike plugs which fall into this range.

Fishing for porgy on northshore. With worms. I have 2 ounce weights just didn't want to waste the 3s. I think I will stay on the safe side and let my wife use the 3s on her jeddy stick. I was looking for a rod with a very fast action, so as to better myself and be able to fish any condition

I just bought a custom 10' 6" Batson rainshadow surf rod that's rated to 1/2 to 2 ounce. Would I be putting unnessesary risk by useing a 2 1/2 to 3 ounce wieght/lure?

yes dont overload it thats a light plug stick by its rating