Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverRaider

You Guys Are Helpful.... Help Me With My Leak Please!

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

I just posted this in the Buggy Forum but I'm posting it here too because I'm desperate :(

My 2006 Commander (driver side) is getting flooded when it rains... I cleaned out the drain tubes that run down the "A" pillars and run out the floor in the drivers foot well... the end of the tube was pretty clogged... I also ran a stiff wire thru the drain hole in the sunroof well on the roof as far as I could (though I could never get it all the way thru and come out under the truck...)

I did this last week, I tested it with a watering can and it was still clogged.... the water is coming in somewhere higher up the tube inside the truck... I can see the water isn't draining out of the well where the drains are... it's not like the seal of the sunroof has failed or something like that... it's something to do with the draintubes :mad:

Iv'e researched this via google and it's a very common problem... there is even a GREAT You tube video with a step by step video of how to unclog the tube where it runs out of the bottom of the truck in the footwell area...

But that didn't fix the problem :mad:

I made an appopintment to take it to the Stealership but I really don't want to do that for Obviou$ reasons

Any suggestions?

Dump it in the swamp. Report it stolen.

You're welcome.

Your a Good Egg MikeMc.... I don't care what everyone else say's about you... your Jib is as finely cut as they come :love:

theres like a dozen pawn shops around me all of a sudden. every single one is stinkin with compressors for some reason. of course theres harbor frieght as mentioned :beers:

Let your wife drive it when it's raining. Problem solved, you're welcome.

It's her car :D

But seriously it's gotta be fixed... nothing like frikken' 2" of Frikken water sloshing around in the foot-well of an SUV your still making payments on :mad:

It's going to ruin the Frikken' thing!

theres like a dozen pawn shops around me all of a sudden. every single one is stinkin with compressors for some reason. of course theres harbor frieght as mentioned :beers:

Locals that thought they could jump in on the Sandy rebuild wagon and are failing. I put a 30 gallon unit in my garage and I bet I use it more than any of the cordless drills I have! Compressed air is good chit!

Where do you live RR, bring it over and we'll clean it out.

It's her car :D

But seriously it's gotta be fixed... nothing like frikken' 2" of Frikken water sloshing around in the foot-well of an SUV your still making payments on :mad:

It's going to ruin the Frikken' thing!

Drill a hole in the floor and let the water drain out. Problem solved, you're welcome.