Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sks

Morning New boat question

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Hey thinking of getting a new Alumnacraft boat a 145cs, basicly a 14' 10" with a 25 hp. Talk to a dealer already a little. My youngest graduates this year and no more child support, YYEEHHAA! so why not throw some money away for me?

So anyways looking for comments like, who I should or should not deal with, can I talk the price down some. Any comments are welcome or pms.

Thanks, Scott

Do yourself a favor and "besure" your child support is done. Usually when the Ex getas to the end she tries to come up with more reasons why you should still pay.

Thanks guys, Ya I am thinking about that. I did check my D agreement. It says in black and white. It says will stop when the youngest turns 18 or gradguates hs which ever comes last. I will keep you all up dated.

So any comments on the boat subject? I'm still looking around but I do like the Almnacraft. Talked to someone at Irwins in Laconia. Any comments? Later

We have a 14' Alumacraft on Webber Pond up in Vassalboro. My father bought it used in 1957. Sure the aluminum is faded and dull but you just can't kill it.

It's a 3 piece riveted hull. It started to leak along the keel so we reset the rivets. No more leak. She's 56 years old and still fishing. Can't o wrong with Alumicraft.

I do like the Lund boats. I would go with a 16 footer and 40 hp.

I have an old ('97)Grumman 16sc with a 50hp on it. The two things I learned which have stuck with me is: Try and get the biggest motor you can afford (even if you have to go slightly used). And make sure you get the auto trim and tilt.

On a side note, I bet the 14 will do well with the 25hp but add a few buddies and some gear and it may be too slow for you. You see a lot of 14-16 ft used boats out there outfitted with 15hp - 25hp motors and hydrofoils indicating trouble getting out on plane.

I had a Sylvan, 14' with a 20 hp Honda, Just sold it, loved the boat had it for several years. Had no trouble at all planning out with two people. Alumacraft is a good choice , Irwins has been around a long time, very good reputation. Perhaps you should check out Melvin Village Marina,I think they have both Lund and Alumacraft., Honda and Mercs.   Greens in Hooksett I here is good to do business with also. Thought I would mention it. You may want to check out the Winni home page if you are thinking used, a few there in their classifieds.

I did it. Ya I bought a boat. NEW. Little scared but it is want I wanted and the price was good. Got a 145cs Alumnacraft w/ 25 hp 4 stroke and had them put on a Minn Kota 55# riptide. Won't get it till the 17th or so but it's a done deal. So anyways there it it is. I don't have pics and can't post them anyways, computer illiterate and only have an I pad at home.

Out board is a Merc. The more I think about it the better but yesterday I was sweating a little. I didn't want to get it yet. I wanted to sell my Starcraft first. So now it's a little tight $$ wise. Obviously try to sell my 14' Starcraft. Put it on craigslist with some pics. Make a good deal for anybody on this site. The Alumna craft has a 73" beam, nice and wide. Maybe hitting Sab. with it next week, will let ya know. Scott