Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BluesCruiser

Lake Chaubunagungamaug

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Which side ??????????????????

First ice I'd fish in front of Waterfront Mary's. Sort of on the west end of the lake, near the Conn border. Big cove, shallow, would freeze early. As the winter went on, I'd begin driving my truck onto the ice at Waterfront Mary's, and drive out towards the deep ledges near those small islands. But as the season would wind down, I always ended up in front of Indian Ranch. Had some amazing days there on LMB and the occasional nice trout.

First ice I'd fish in front of Waterfront Mary's. Sort of on the west end of the lake, near the Conn border. Big cove, shallow, would freeze early. As the winter went on, I'd begin driving my truck onto the ice at Waterfront Mary's, and drive out towards the deep ledges near those small islands. But as the season would wind down, I always ended up in front of Indian Ranch. Had some amazing days there on LMB and the occasional nice trout.

C'mon Bob you missed the joke................. :dismay: What does the name of that lake mean in Indian????????????????

C'mon Bob you missed the joke................. :dismay: What does the name of that lake mean in Indian????????????????

Sorry Bernie, went right over my head. :o

Indian translation 'you fish on your side of the lake, we fish on ours. Nobody fish in the middle.'

Am I right? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob_G View Post

Sorry Bernie, went right over my head. redface.gif

Indian translation 'you fish on your side of the lake, we fish on ours. Nobody fish in the middle.'

Am I right? wink.gif

You are correct!  Also known as Webster Lake.  Use to fish it a lot.

Caught my biggest largemouth, 8.5 lbs off the southern point of goat island way back. I kept my boat in point breeze marina. I remember many days of numerous smallmouths and largemouths. The lake started getting small and over fished for me and I concentrated on saltwater. Miss the days on the lake.

Sorry Bernie, went right over my head. :o

Am I right? ;)

Spot on brother Bob :th:

Plenty of pike in there. I remember when a jet skier hit one that was sunning it self on the surface.it knocked the fish out so he grabed it by the tail and brought it to the gas dock at point breeze and put it in the freezer, Very large fish.

Plenty of pike in there. I remember when a jet skier hit one that was sunning it self on the surface.it knocked the fish out so he grabed it by the tail and brought it to the gas dock at point breeze and put it in the freezer, Very large fish.

Point Breeze used to be Don Kent's old watering hole. :beers: