Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
connman

New Larger SP Minnows

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Does any one know anything about a larger SP minnow becoming available? I was told that Daiwa was working on a 2-2 1/2 oz size SP minnow. :)

Now that sounds really interesting..,at least daiwa ia not like Yo-zuri who "when the minute we like something they make" immediately discontinues it :shock:

yeah- I sometimes get worried they are gonna get discontinued and buy some to start my "hoard".....

Wow a 2oz sp minnow that floats at rest would be so nice. I hope to see that. Too bad Yozuri could have stepped up to the plate with a 2 oz mag darter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfin View Post

Wow a 2oz sp minnow that floats at rest would be so nice. I hope to see that. Too bad Yozuri could have stepped up to the plate with a 2 oz mag darter.

With a 1 oz @ $19.......

can you imagine what Yo-Zuri would have to charge for one of those. Probably an extra ten just because it's bigger.. 

Charkbait makes something i think its called the toro tamer. Looks like a 3 oz sp.

just ordered a few.... will let ya know how they swim. with shipping they're almost double what an SP costs....

Now that sounds really interesting..,at least daiwa ia not like Yo-zuri who "when the minute we like something they make" immediately discontinues it :shock:

x2, for people who make such incredible lures, they have some really lousy marketing schemes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobber View Post

just ordered a few.... will let ya know how they swim. with shipping they're almost double what an SP costs....

They sink horizontally, they dont really wobble unless it is fast retrieve. its more of a roll. this lure is suitable for offshore not surf because they sink fast. there is a version of that lure that floats, its 66 grams compared to the toro tamer which is 88 grams. it is called souls brabus floating cost $42.

i have a 7inch 1.+oz that looks like an sp minnow but it is thinner. it cast good and swims better than the sp minnow. i believe this is a copy of duo tide minnow slim 175

<br />

*<br />

Quote:

Originally Posted by GORDONFISHERMAN View Post

They sink horizontally, they dont really wobble unless it is fast retrieve. its more of a roll. this lure is suitable for offshore not surf because they sink fast. there is a version of that lure that floats, its 66 grams compared to the toro tamer which is 88 grams. it is called souls brabus floating cost $42.

i have a 7inch 1.+oz that looks like an sp minnow but it is thinner. it cast good and swims better than the sp minnow. i believe this is a copy of duo tide minnow slim 175

Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind me asking,how do those Ima Sasuke's work for you ?

it is great to see that Daiwa is stepping up and making a truly good lure that so far is priced reasonably for the angler. I thank them . i have fished the sp and love them.