Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j0k3r

Fishing in NJ for April, 2013

Rate this topic

1,201 posts in this topic

As usual, post reports here.......as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader. Please don't post specific street names or areas. Sometimes just a town name is too much information! Doing so only adds to the traffic in certain areas and it might cause an internet feud. For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no. Feel free to share any thoughts you might have on local conditions and "I got the old skunkaroo" reports" are OK too.

Some popular acronyms:

SH- Sandy Hook

NoMoCo- Northern Monmouth County

SoMoCo- Southern Monmouth County

SFZ-Spring Fling Zone (SRI-Shark River Inlet to MI- Manasquan Inlet)

OC Ocean County

IBSP-Island Beach State Park

LBI- Long Beach Island

AC- Atlantic County

CISP- Corson's Inlet State Park

CMC- Cape May County

CMR- Cape May Rips

Add "in the back" for river and bays

Reminder all: we resume the normal reports only rule for April. We've had a long winter and a slow March, but the fish are starting to chew again. Tight lines.

Thinking about going to RB this Saturday... Supposedly a west wind. How is it in the bay as far as tide right now? Is it best incoming or on the out? Just trying to gauge when is a good time to go or is it just sporadic right now?

Thanks

Thinking about going to RB this Saturday... Supposedly a west wind. How is it in the bay as far as tide right now? Is it best incoming or on the out? Just trying to gauge when is a good time to go or is it just sporadic right now?

Thanks

Outgoing is usually a little warmer and the fish chew better.

Fish up to 35 lbs last night!!!.......and then I woke up! :) No but seriously fished the end of the flood and 2 hours into outgoing in the back. Not even a touch, just when you think you have them figured out.

Caught this little guy this morning.1000

Freshwater! The Ice just went off my daughters Pa Lake tow days ago. This morning I startled tow frogs on the shoreline and that triggered swirls on one side of the doc. Spring Begins.

Gave tog a shot today, up n down a nice sized jetty I always do good at, not a hit so still too cold I guess. Did get a skate on a clam I had set on my bait runner and couldn't connect on two other hits. Going out back in a bit after I warm up.

Just spent 6 hours at two western MoCo lakes with no touches. I may go to SFZ later tonight if the wind dies down.

on your battle ship or with your feet on terra firma?

Mrquick. Was thinking of hitting the R- bay on Saturday. Catch out going tide and warm water. Hit me up if you want connect. I'm in Montville. Was also thinking maybe Hudson. Some picking going on there.

Fish up to 35 lbs last night!!!.......and then I woke up! :) No but seriously fished the end of the flood and 2 hours into outgoing in the back. Not even a touch, just when you think you have them figured out.

Did you fish Sunday?