Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

World's Greatest Wife

14 posts in this topic

Your not the only one with a awesome wife. Two summers ago I took my sister to look at yaks with wife and kids. Dad walked out with a brand new T-140 eek.gifeek.gif . Then this year a 1962 26' MacKenzie came home to restore.

we have two boys ages 6 and 9.

By getting me a yak, the wife pretty much guaranteed one for her birthday (which is also valentines).

We would use them in the calm waters of Cold Spring Harbor.

She would like to introduce the boys to yaking, but does not trust them to let them have their own.

Her initial suggestion was to get a tandem that would fit her and the two boys.

I did not think that exists.

I think the 140 can hold me and my youngest, and I can get her a tandem for her and our 9 year old.

Any thoughts?

Hey Mike

I just finished my first season with the 140Angler. I loved it. I have a 6 year old boy myself & wouldn't put him in it with me if I was fishing. Your going to have to buy two tandems and set them up for fishing.

tandem.jpg

You can always solo at night with the 140.

Thanks seadogface, just what I wanted to hear, three yaks.

I don't think we'll do much fishing if we go out as a family, just cruise along the beach.

what about a good beginner yak for the nine year old?

Thanks seadogface, just what I wanted to hear, three yaks.

A future four yak family. wink.gif Next thing you know there will be the NS Mike Derby, then the NS Mike Fleet, then NS Mike Yak Ink, then ....

Congrats NS MikeD

I've had a Prowler 15 for 3 years now and it is the best piece of fishing equipment I've bought in 10 years, bar none!

Fresh or Salt I have found fish I would never have reached. In old weed infested lakes, 5-6lb bass, that no one else could get near. Back bay channels and holes that can only be reached going thru a foot of water I would never have reached and caught stripers and blues in the spring.

As for golf who needs the frustration. I pretty much gave it up when I got my yak. Play 2-3 times a year now.

My 10 year old has his own yak for a year now and I will buy my 8 year old one this spring. I won't put the kids in the ocean or bay yet but they'll get there soon enough.

Good luck and have fun!