Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yardguy71

Rod Blanks ??

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I trust you guys will steer me in the right direction .

I'm looking to have a rod built , I need some input on rod blanks .

Looking for an all around rod .. 10' to 10'6" spinning .

Maybe 2-6oz - 2 - 8oz

I fish a variety of things based on where I'm at etc , bucktails , eels, pencils etc .

I know prices may vary greatly depending on which blank etc ... whats my choices under $200 ?

I all ways look at the action first......I like the older mod action(bend to 50%)......gsb1201m or gsb1321m(lamiglass)..alot of people like the fast action rods today like the ron arra's

First two that come to mind is the GSB 1201M and the Arra 1205 for 10 footers. Maybe a cut down GSB 1321M. Maybe post in the rod building forum or PM Saltheart or Biily40, but a post in Rod Building or a search there might answer all your questions. Ed knows GSBs for sure. Lami 1261MH too.

Go see 1dozenraw, he has every rod known to man and will let you try them if you are nice to him. :D

Go see 1dozenraw, he has every rod known to man and will let you try them if you are nice to him. :D
If you are nice .... and bring some plugs.

I have a set of plugs for a 2002 Chrysler 300 that I never put in. You want them Kev?

Wanna grab me a yellow/ w/ red head 7" Danny while you're there?

Can meet up with you tomorrow or Monday if so...please?! :)

Heading to CMS seeing what they have & then mebbe a sammich at knuckleheads . :)

Heading to CMS seeing what they have & then mebbe a sammich at knuckleheads . :)

your not going to find anything under 200 at cms, blanks alone run over 200. They just quoted me 425$ for a conventional built xra1322, about 440-450 for a 1327 century built the same way.

your not going to find anything under 200 at cms, blanks alone run over 200. They just quoted me 425$ for a conventional built xra1322, about 440-450 for a 1327 century built the same way.

Best $ you will ever spend. 1322 with n Abu 7000 is my favorite combo