Lots of good buys at Beans

Rate this topic

Went up to LL Beans tonight on a spirit of the moment trip with my fishing buddy/younger brother to window shop... Well atleast that was my idea for the night but when I found sabiki rigs for under 3 dollars a pop I felt compelled to buy 15 of em and the bill only came out to a $20 spot. They also had Diamond Jigs for under 4 bucks a 3 pack. I also saw some rod/reel combos that were discounted nicely for light tackle all the way up to surf casters...

Not sure if anyone else is interested in some pre season savings but thought I would share the savings with you all.

When shopping a Beans as a Fisherman please remember that these folks are in support of banning the use of plastic baits in Maine. Like to catch smallmouth on soft plastics? Not if they have their way.  Remember Cabela is just down the road. Better selection too.  

I've found cabelas to be like Walmart - fine if you know what you want, but poorly organized and the staff are clueless. They also don't have a warranty like Beans. I usually end up buying rods and reels from real tackle shops, terminal tackle and line from cabelas, plugs online, and boots, waders, and jackets from Beans because they have a good warranty and I tend to be hard on my gear.

How anyone can complain about Cabela's warranty is beyond me......NEVER had a problem and I beat the hell outta my gear.

Everyone is against something or other these days.....shop wherever you like.

Diversity makes us stronger!

Bought a rod last year at Cabelas. Brought my reel in to test it out. Guy helping me out went thru 3 or 4 rods, wanted to spend about 60 bucks. Found a nice one but it was like 90. I said I like it a lot but really can't go 90. He said let me see, left and came back 5 min later. He said Here ya go $60 I got you the employee discount. I said sold! That's my story but like ya said it all depends stuff happens.

I've had great luck at both places. Broke a number of fly rods over the years. Walked off the boat, got int he truck, drove to beans and came home with a new rod. Gotta love that. Went to Cabela's couple months ago, found a jacket on-line that I liked. Found one in the store, only L they had, asked for the same price as on the internet, $150 off the sticker, got it. Gotta love that. Too bad about beans not liking fishing lures made of rubber. Can't buy lead in ME. Can't buy J hooks in Miane for stripers. Can't but rubbah bait? What's next? No monofilament?

Beans is the politically correct outdoor store. Their guarantee  and customer service  is fantastic but they are no friend of the fisherman. They are a corporate organization that will only do what is best to push their bottom line. If that means getting cozy with the anti fishing and hunting groups I am sure they will go in that direction. I wonder how long it will be before they get out of the gun business since it's such a hot issue. If you need a good tackle shop in that area go see the folks at Saco Bay Tackle. They are real fisherman and will take great care of you. You can do a lot better than LL Beans when it comes to fishing gear.  Good luck

Gulp Baits are biodegradable. I don't think they are anti-fishing but they lean more towards fly fishing then other pursuits.

If there is anyone I don't mind giving my money to, it's Kay at Surfland. :love: I drove down there to buy a new reel and had to pay a little extra but it was worth it.