Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wicked-Fly

WTB Spool for Orvis Battenkill LA 5/6 Made In England

15 posts in this topic

Call the Orvis warehouse sale location in Fairfield, CT. I've seen many odd spools there. Maybe they can sift through what they have for you.

If they do and they don't ship, I can pick it up for you and send it.

(203) 899-0639

Thanks DaveCap, I gave them a call. They didn't have any, but the guy was super nice. Sounds like they have a ton of stuff down there. I might have to make a day trip and hit the Farmington on the way back to Boston.

No one has a spool they are looking to sell huh? How about trade? I have a bunch of fresh/salt lures, flies, framed fishing pics, even an old boat helm!

Actually, I have two extra spools and the reel that I was about to list for sale. I was going to sell as a package. Let me figure out what a fair price is for one of the spools unless you are interested in the reel, and both spools. What I have is the Battenkill LA V with original box, cases etc. One of the spools I think I purchased here on SOL. Let me get back. I have pictures I took yesterday with my phone that I need to upload.

Bionic - sorry for any confusion, I'm looking for a 5/6 wt, not a V or VI, which I believe are for 9/10 and 10/11 wt rods. I believe the LA III is rated for 5/6 wt but the made in England reels, which I have, have "5/6" written on them and not "III", I think. I'm pretty sure they are not interchangeable unfortunately.

HOWEVER - I do have another Battenkill LA that I could use a spool for, I believe its a V but I will have to check tonight. Post pics and let me know what you are thinking for a price and hopefully we can work something out!!

OK, I understand. I made an incorrect assumption. Here is a link to the SOL BST when I bought the spool. There is a picture of the spool http://www.stripersonline.com/t/773111/2-orvis-spools-for-sale

I would like to get $50 for it and I will include shipping and an Orvis neoprene case. I can sell the reel and the additional spool as a set.

Current pics:

To be clear, this spool is for an Orvis Battenkill LA V reel, which is suitable for a 7/8/9 weight rod.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0