Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crs2006

A New Creation, Don't Know What to Call it

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I came up with this after tying a 7 inch long clouser to mimic plastic stick baits and worms that Im fond of using for bass in spring and summer.  I wanted a fly that would ride point up, jig like a clouser, be at least 7 inches, be capable of being cast comfortably on an 8 wt, pushed a lot of water, would pulse and move with with the jigging motion of the retrieve, and could be used in multiple water and weather conditions.  I used a kind of Jig n Pig concept (making a "skirt" around a tail) coupled with a clouser design.  

Its about 9" total.  

Hook Gamakatsu Saltwater 2/0

Thread:  Black and chartreuse thread, .006 mono

Tail:  Black and blue SF blend tied clouser style

Under skirt:  Chartreuse SF blend tied as you would for a EP baitfish top and bottom, Light blue SF blend tied EP style on each side

Over skirt:  White arctic fox tied "EP style" on all four sides, Teal Marabou tied top and bottom

Eye:  Painted dumbell eye-Large size

I have no clue how this goofy looking thing will work, but I figured I'd share it.  The last pic is crap, but I added it to show the front profile.  I didnt really trim anything after tying, I wanted it to be kind of messy

AppleMark<br />  <br />

AppleMark<br />  <br />

AppleMark<br />  <br />

My GF saw it in the water and said "It looks kinda like those 80s metal guitarists headbanging".  So Im calling it the "Hair Band Headbanger" lol.

Hopefully I get to throw it in some fishy water soon.  I managed to stick the first largemouth of the season in 45 degree water this weekend on one of my baitfish patterns, itching for the warmer weather.