Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaseyGhee

Info on 2 "Case" knives

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Here are two Case knives, (see pics) basically from 2 different eras. The first is a sheath Knife c 1920, that belonged to my Dad, O/L 9", blade 5", replaced walnut handles. Both sides of the "hilt" have the following info: Side 1: Case, Bradford PA, the other side: Case 5, Tested XX. The second is a forged "Case Chef's knife", c 1954, O/L 17", blade 12" x 21/2". Can't find any markings, I purchased it at Hoffritz, in Grand Central Station, NYC.Can anyone give me an idea of what these might be worth? I reqally would appreciate it. Thanks for your help. CaseyGhee

See what people are asking for them on ebay, or Google them. Sometimes info is scarce. I have a antique Kinfolk knife, and a french swithblade that I could only get info on in knife forums, and from manufacture sites. Case is high end, that's for sure.

They are probably worth more as family heirlooms than collectable knives.

If you are really serious about getting a value, Bernard Levine is the man to ask.

He has a forum at blade forums...

They don't give quotes on the forum, but if you read the FAQ, you'll see that BL will quote you a price for a nominal fee.

Values aside, they could probably tell you a bunch about the knives.

Hope that helps and is within the rules here.