Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Interesting Stuff from RAM

12 posts in this topic

I've got some neat stuff from RAM that you normally don't see. I'll post pics soon but here's how I started and then I added arms to arms..........

Ram-frontface-Explorer.jpg

Jon, Great start on a radar installation smile.gif

Looks real good and solid and professional. More pics Please!! I like the color. Then again, I'm from SoCal. We have the man hole covers on many streets in that same color. We have a center median on Hawthorne Blvd. that is covered in Astroturf. I see the city workers out there sweeping it with a vacuum cleaner. Go figure.

eye76.gif

Hey that's not raspberry it's pink!!!!! Santiago II got rid of his "raspberry" yak cause iit was Pink!!! Scott

PS, that's the instalation system I have for my FF, only in micro sized. Works like a champ. Scott

I agree its pink. Raspberry is a kinder, gentler term and marketing hype. I needed a demo and told them any color. The sun will really make it pink after a while.

ScottO, when you say a smaller version, what do you have? I'm also going to get their 1" stuff to play with as I like the little metal diamond ball mounts. too bad there catalog sucks. When I call they refer to the online catalog and 3/4 of the pages are under construction. They don't have a real one. Then they love to misship. Can't seem to read a printed #. The stuff's nice thought. Best stuff for mounting things as its infinitely adjustable and the versatility is great. Its not cheap but it is the best.

JonS,

I think they have a "micro" RAM line, smaller ball. Try a search on Cabelas, think they had it in their catalog but in a separate marine section, not with the rod holders.

RAM has 4 different ball sizes. Starting at 9/16" and up to 2". The fishing rod stuff uses 1.5". There's a great diamond mount for the 1" and they do have universal electronics mounts for FF and GPS. The little diamond mount would be perfect for the rod monts on some gunnels but unfortunately they don't make if for the 1.5" ball and thats the only size for rod holders.

Yesterday I had the FF mount set up with a Vexilar Boundary Waters on it and it worked great.

I have their price list. Its a mile long as they make a lot of stuff. Tons. they don't have a catalog either and refer you to online but most of the pages haven't been built yet.