Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BASSOMATIC

GPS

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I'm building a 11" CTS Vapor trail 3-6 With Fuji KW guides and a VS300.

I plugged the stats into the GPS on Anglers resource calculator and it gives me 6 reduction guides.

I was under the impression that NGC and KR systems use 3 or 4 reduction guides.

Am I missing something?Are they not using NGC?

I was going to use a 30,20 and 16 as reduction guides and 10 as a choke and running guides.

I'm building a 11" CTS Vapor trail 3-6 With Fuji KW guides and a VS300.

I plugged the stats into the GPS on Anglers resource calculator and it gives me 6 reduction guides.

I was under the impression that NGC and KR systems use 3 or 4 reduction guides.

Am I missing something?Are they not using NGC?

I was going to use a 30,20 and 16 as reduction guides and 10 as a choke and running guides.

I think that calculator just gives you recommended guide positions along the line from your reel to the calculated choke point. It tells you not to use all those guides, just the two or three that space out the best when you do a static deflection test.

if i remember correctly the vs reel is like 88 or 89 deg to the rod. using the gps that will put your choke out there pretty far. you can also try the 27 time rule and see which works better for you

GPS will give positions for ALL guide sizes. As numbskull says, it is your job to select a grouping that will offer the best performance for your blank, reel, line etc.

KR and NGC are not the same thing. KR is a Rapid Choke concept introduced by Fuji mainly for braided line applications. It will move your choke point in as much as 30% and still offer excellent performance. The ONLY guide used for the KR CONCEPT are the KL-H guides, a high frame small ring guide developed specifically for Rapid Choke. If you choose any other guide frame in GPS you will be given an NGC layout.