Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AIRNUTS

Shimano Stella SW 8000 and Century FMJ Fishing Rod Reel Combo

18 posts in this topic

For Sale: Combo Century FMJ and Shimano Stella SW 8000

12 ft Century FMJ Full Metal Jacket custom built by KM Custom Rods. Built in August of 2012. Matched up with a Shimano Stella SW 8000 bought at the same time. The purpose of the buiding of this rod was for a week long rooster fishing trip to Mexico. The combo was used everyday with great success. After the trip the rod and reel were used a couple of times surf fishing in Florida. The rod is in perfect condition except for a very small scratch below the reel seat. The reel is filled with 300 yards of Sufix 50lb 832 braided line. Reel includes original box, paper work and reel bag. The reel is in perfect working condition but cosmetically has a scratch on the reel stem due to being on a rod holder while driving an ATV.

27 inches from rod butt to reel stem.

****Asking Price for the combo is $1,000.00 plus $30.00 priority insured mail anywhere in the Continental US.****

[img=

I did some research on this Rod Combo, as I am an avid Surf Fisherman targeting the Rooster Fish. The Stella Reel has tons of info available, I thought the following info on this FMJ Rod, would be interesting for someone looking for a great deal!! At my "old age", I have more than enough equipment, this is a GREAT DEAL for someone.

General Details

Based off of the famed Century carp rod, The FMJ could be called a more refined version of the 144L, or the ultimate pencil rod, or the ultimate pompano rod, or the ultimate roosterfish rod…it’s hard to say what species it works best for, but it isn’t hard to say that it is an ultimate rod! With the moderate tip it works plugs like nobody’s business, it throws bucktails a mile and has just the right action in the tip to hang a pompano in the corner of the mouth every time with a circle hook.

Specifications

12’ FMJ

Overall blank weight: 11.36

Length: 12’

Lure weight: 2 to 5 oz

Line weight: 20 – 50 #

Tip diameter: 7

Ferrule tip diameter: 0.44

Outer butt diameter: 0.62

Inner butt diameter: 0.42

Butt ferrule diameter: 0.57

Pricing