Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msabella17

quality mono/fluro?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

when it comes to line ive always used braid and still stand by it, but im looking to spool up my abu Garcia ambassadeur 7000ic3 and im new to using this conventional reel so I want to put mono/or fluorocarbon on it but I have nearly a clue what good brands there are when it comes to mono/fluro so if anyone could help me out and give me a couple good brands id appreciate it... also im ethier putting on 20lb or 30lb line

Nothing wrong with the 2 lines mentioned. Fluorocarbon will cost you a fortune. Stick with the mono especially being a new comer to conventional reels.

There is a learning curve in fishing bait casters. Just go slow. It's not like casting a spinning reel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flytyingguy1 View Post

Nothing wrong with the 2 lines mentioned. Fluorocarbon will cost you a fortune. Stick with the mono especially being a new comer to conventional reels.

There is a learning curve in fishing bait casters. Just go slow. It's not like casting a spinning reel.

I have a freshwater baitcasting reel but I know its a lot different from a conventional reel and more difficult.. ive looked at older posts and a lot of people said ande brand to,i looked online and saw it was rather cheap so I have my doubts about it

It is cheap, but that's not why I use it.  It hasn't let me down in over 20 years.  Hell, even b&t owners rag on me for using it.  Usually goes "Why do you want that cheap cr@p?", but if it works, it works.  

I like Ande Premium ... Not the Tournament ... The Tournament is tested a guaranteed to that pound test for IGFA qualification. I like 20 lb green for surf casting & 10 or 12 lb for light tackle ... With that said, I use braid 90% of the time.

Andes Backcountry. Best mono out there! I fish 20 lb backcountry on Block Island exclusively. It has put more than one 50+ in my boat. Don't let the price fool you! Buy it, enjoy the savings, and don't look back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surffishinfiend View Post

It is cheap, but that's not why I use it.  It hasn't let me down in over 20 years.  Hell, even b&t owners rag on me for using it.  Usually goes "Why do you want that cheap cr@p?", but if it works, it works.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55chev View Post

Andes Backcountry. Best mono out there! I fish 20 lb backcountry on Block Island exclusively. It has put more than one 50+ in my boat. Don't let the price fool you! Buy it, enjoy the savings, and don't look back!

ya if it works which from all this good feedback it looks like im guna get it and save a lot of money doing it also thanks guys.. and 55chev i love fishing block island so hearing your input helped a lot to thanks