Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theydeclareit82

faucet lost preassure and dripping

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

If you have a separate handle for hot & cold water, I would say check the washer for the cold water handle. Washer probably is lose and blocking the water flow but also not closing completely and causing the drip.

Calcium build up in the knob. Turn the water off and take the knob apart and clean it out.

I did mine back in December couldn't believe the size of the chunks in there.

Could be a chunk of the washer in there to.

This happens with moen faucets sometimes, there is a cartridge under handle which is replaceable !! In fact moen offers a lifetime warranty and if you call them they will send you one free of charge with no questions asked , you don't even need to show proof of purchase ! Good luck .    Mike

This happens with moen faucets sometimes, there is a cartridge under handle which is replaceable !! In fact moen offers a lifetime warranty and if you call them they will send you one free of charge with no questions asked , you don't even need to show proof of purchase ! Good luck .    Mike

I seam to have misplaced the tool to remove the cartridge. What does it look like?

Cabo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cabo2005 View Post

I seam to have misplaced the tool to remove the cartridge. What does it look like?

Cabo

When you remove the handle you will see a clip going in horizontal ( brass color ) slide out clip which locks cartridge in then you can pull straight up with pair of pliers. Cartridge is whole assembly just note position of stem when you remove for reinstall if reinstalled incorrectly no big deal the hot and cold water will be backwards just remove again and turn 180 degrees and re-install. They do sell a tool that screws onto stem for removal but it is rarely needed. Good luck !!    Mike