Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waytall

Century cut down

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

For the canal I would just go with the Century 1327 or 1328. I use the 144 along the ocean front and areas where there is plenty of room.

I know a few folks over the years who have trimmed a few inches to make the rod fit the user, but never to make a rod fit a location. IMO 9" is alot to take away from the blank, It will change the dynamics of the rod and might lead to catastrophic failure.

Matt, I will have the rod there.

I threw the 144l last season on the canal, I never had any problems casting anywhere that I di not have problems throwing an 11fter, I wouldn't sugest cutting it. That rod launches plugs 2 1/2-3 1/2 oz. I was having a little fun casting one afternoon with another guy throwing 3 oz crippled herring, while people were watch from well above, we were at water level and they were on the stair at the camp ground, to me it looked like was getting a little further then half way they said to be more like 2/3

I was throwing a afaw 12' universal a couple of season's ,, That's a big lever and I was using it 100% of my fishing .. I suspect it added to my shoulder issues . At some length the rod has to start working you . I'm good with 11' ..