Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cow tamer

J Knot

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I've never tried it but have heard great things about it. Never had a problem with the uni to uni. Might have to give it a shot though if it's proven to be stronger.

I tied it and didn't like the location of the knot. It's on the side of the line, big and bulbous. I like the streamline effect of the uni to uni. It wasn't as strong as the J knot but it is still a strong knot.

The only way I'd ever switch from a uni to uni is if the new knot is ridiculously simple. The double uni is simple and I don't believe I've ever had any problem with it breaking.

The only way I'd ever switch from a uni to uni is if the new knot is ridiculously simple. The double uni is simple and I don't believe I've ever had any problem with it breaking.

It's much simpler.

Just watched a knot wars video com pairing the J knot vis the Modified Albright AKA the Alberto knot. The Alberto knot was stronger.

Another knot wars had the uni to uni beating out the J knot. But in both different knot wars the winner went up against the modified albright and in both cases the modified albright won. Just tried tying the modified albright. It's not that difficult to tie.