Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gubblenator

Sara's First Sturgeon

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Ten minutes in and Sara hooked this 35" Sturgeon. Never a keeper, but you should have heard us squeal when it hit top water.

Five minutes later. I hooked this 28" Sturgeon.

We finally we have something to write on our Sturgeon cards.

Normally... I don't let things like this bug me, but this rubbed me wrong.

Private message....

Public Scrutiny

Conversation between California Caster and me

38x38px-ZC-1ae8f1cd_P6170083.jpeg

California Caster

Today at 12:12 am

Hello; To avoid ALLOT of negative commentary on the obvious mishandling of any species of fish ( sturgeon in this case) you would be best served NOT to post photos of BABY UNDERSIZED sturgeon laying on dry dirt.....Mark

38x38px-ZC-60b1f55d_1D35E5E11DAEB9A8995ED437AC2D97.gif

gubblenator

Today at 1:50 am

Dude, The fish was on the dirt for less then 65 seconds. Long enough to take the hook out. You never have anything nice to saywhen I post. But I do see ALLOT of some smart ass comments you make. Please do not bother to address anything I say or comment on or post in. I don't think your opinion is worth the time it took me to read it.

Private message....

Public Scrutiny

California Caster

Hello; To avoid ALLOT of negative commentary on the obvious mishandling of any species of fish ( sturgeon in this case) you would be best served NOT to post photos of BABY UNDERSIZED sturgeon laying on dry dirt.....Mark

gubblenator

Dude, The fish was on the dirt for less then 65 seconds. Long enough to take the hook out. You never have anything nice to saywhen I post. But I do see ALLOT of some smart ass comments you make. Please do not bother to address anything I say or comment on or post in. I don't think your opinion is worth the time it took me to read it.

Here are some of "Gubble" responses to some of my posts....seems "Gubble" has wasted both time reading & responding to a couple of my previous posts. So instead of calling you out on this public forum, I sent you a PM, which you choose to now make Public. Do you really think ANYONE is going to agree with your improper handleing of those "2" baby sturgeon, just for the purpose of a photo?!....Please post ANY comments I have made to you previously in ANY of your posts, where as you so falsely claim...."You never have anything nice to say when I post".....PLEASE prove me wrong, or else....Get your facts in order.....Mark

2/4/13

gubblenator

Hey Congrats CC.. I can only hope to collect a crisp $100.00 dollar bill from you. ha

1/29/13

gubblenator

Have you been to this pier before? This pier is about 30-45 maybe more feet above the water, so bring a drop net. I've been here a few times. It is as shallow as Mark said, even on a crazy tide. Waves are huge and you can feel it on the pier. Not sure about that time of the year. I like to hear how your adventure goes.

Kevin

Private message....

Public Scrutiny

California Caster

gubblenator

"The fish was on the dirt less then 65 seconds".... "Long enough to take the hook out"...... So the TIME it took you to accurately measure each fish as you did (35") (28")...& the TIME it took you to photograph each fish is some how completely disreguarded by you as PROVEN by your quote...."long enough to get the hook out"......Please don't let the FACTS get in the way of your excuses!!!.....I'm done with you!....Mark

Awesome gubblenator, don't let our resident "know it all" get to you. He has an opinion about everything. Glad you got out and looks like you guys had a great time.

I was thinking about this and both Shannon and I have never caught a sturgeon before (we have never fished for them). If we did, would I get a pic of those fish before release? Damn strait I would in a heart beat.

Thanks everyone else. I'm sorry about my temp. If anyone else as suggestion for me on handling our catches for release, let me know.

We weren't trying for any other species other than Stripers, so catching two sturgeon was a complete supprise.

It was a great day for us. My divorce is almost through court, I spent my last day in court on Friday.

So this was the first time in a long time I fished as an unmarried man. wink.gif

I think we all can learn from this,personally I think taking pictures of baby fish laying in the dirt is a no no,only Keepers should be taken pictures of,our goal as fishermen is to release the fish in the most unharmed way possiable,...you were and your friend were excited...you were man enough to ask what is the best way to deal with this,try to do everything in the water,like unhook and release,if you want pictures of undersize fish take them in the water or hold them up with both hands supporting them.,

In No way to I think any less of you,please keep posting,We all learn and can share here....

Well the fish need to be 50"so by looking at them you should be able to tell there were not,oh , 4 the size you wouldn' put on the sturgeon report card,..in a way the DMV,,ops that is the other idioic department, I meant to say F&G MAKES ALL THIS HARDER than it should be,..measure from the butt of your rod and see were 18" is for Stripers and 50"and 60" is for Sturgeon,remember it,that way you can guessament good enough for undersize fish,I guess I catch sooooooo many under size fish I can look at the fish an Know it is under size......Have a Great and Bless Easter and congradulationS FREE MAN...