Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheelwright

Party boat fishing in mid april 2013

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

My wife and I will be in the Wells area and wonder if it would be worthwhile to book a trip around the 17, 18, of April. Would anything be biting then? Cod, Haddock of legal size, no dogfish, I don't want much, Do I? TY for your time.

That's a little early for the Charter business up here. Not that it's not prime time for good, clean groundfish.

The season starts 4/16.

Google deep sea charters/Portland, Maine for your best bet at finding a boat going out that early.

I'd recomend the Kristen K out of Portland but I don't think the Skipper comes up from the Keys for a few months from now.

Eastman's in Seabrook NH are running trips now, they go Thursday through Sunday in April. They would be my pick for early season. Al Gauron in Hampton NH starts running on April 6.

The Bunny Clark out of Ogunquit will also be running but it is a small boat and doesn't have the comforts of the bigger boats and cost more. Good point is just about always out fishes the other boats. You will need early reservations, like now, to get on this boat.

Right now the target is haddock but starting April 15 you will be able to keep cod.