Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Skiing Tuesday

6 posts in this topic

Joey and I are gonna hit Camelback this Tuesday for a half day. We figure its the first day out and we'll take it easy and 4.5 hours is plenty of time. Its $29 for a half day or $37 all day midweek. Joey and I are morning people so we're gonna do the AM. All are welcome.

DAS, its in PA about 15 minutes west of the Delaware Water Gap. Its considered the best of the Pocono Ski Areas. I've never skied it. A half day is only $29 and that's 4.5 hours of skiing and they have 2 high speed quads.

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 01-07-2002).]

Guys, in my opinion Camelback is the worst ski resort in the Pocono's. If you snowboard it really sucks because of all the flat between slopes. I highly suggest Shawnee, it's a much nicer place and the runs are a little longer. The runs at Shawnee are not at steep as Camelback but are a little longer.

MikeC

DAS, the stuff that came from the sky wasn't powder. It was base material. Very wet. Good for snowmen.

Mike, how things going? Long time no hear. IMHO all Pocono areas south of Hunter suck and Hunter bores the s**t out of me after a few hours but its the only ski area that's a day trip for me that's OK. To much time spent skiing the west. I haven't been out in 2 years and just want to do some runs with friends. I'm not expecting much. Since I ski and don't board I'd rather have the steepest stuff I can get and I'll glide the flats.