Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Blackberry users?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone played with the new blackberry yet, enough to have an opinion?

When the version with the physical keyboard ships later this year, I could be tempted.

No more RIM jobs for me. The last BB I had was such a POS that if you got it within 10 miles of the ocean the keyboard would stop working.

I'll stick to Samsung Androids.

Not as good as the iPhone. I wouldn't actually buy a blackberry, but my employer has provided me with one pretty much since they came out. I am in no way a techno geek and most of the current

Blackberry's capabilities are lost on me but it does serve me well for what I do use it for. Phone usually works well but the touch screen can be temperamental. One day I had its belt holster while I was working outside and the damn thing froze. I mean it really froze and was unusable until it thawed out for 30 minutes or so. I've never payed for my own cell phone and I suppose I'll start in a few more years when I retire. I won't buy a Blackberry.

Valentine

Durability matters. The cell phone I carry is a Verizon unit meant for construction workers on site; it's thick, but it's pretty waterproof - it survived a fall into a sink - and would take a hard drop better than most, I think. There have got to be ruggedized Android units out there too, but I don't know what they are, but I DO know I don't care for touch screen typing.

Durability matters. The cell phone I carry is a Verizon unit meant for construction workers on site; it's thick, but it's pretty waterproof - it survived a fall into a sink - and would take a hard drop better than most, I think. There have got to be ruggedized Android units out there too, but I don't know what they are, but I DO know I don't care for touch screen typing.

I was one of the last hold outs in my company when we switched from BB to IPhones.

I do not miss my blackberry except for blackberry travel (best travel app). I have gotten used to touch screen typing. It was not that big of deal as I thought it would be..

I have a BB issued from work...permanently call forwarded to my Samsung android. Unfortunately, it's verboten to auto-forward the email, or access the mail server with anything other than a BB, otherwise I'd ditch the BB entirely and save them some coin.

I believe BB makes the best work related product, which includes security. Think of it for moment, The president of the united states could choose any smartphone or PDA, you don't have to like obama to realise that this was a major concern of the cia and other covert depts with having a phone,private or otherwise. Yet they did allow BB, a foriegn manufacture, at a time that he could have used an american companysuch as apple.

The best and most reliable phone I have owned hand down was a Blackberry.

Yes, BUT Obama's BB was hugely customized. And aren't their major servers located in Kansas or something?

I remember reading how unhappy the CIA was in discovering that he used a BB as intensively as he did when first elected. I wonder if he still does. ???

The lifeproof and the otter box make the iPhone very durable and waterproof.

I don't miss the blackberry after years of being on it's platform. I switched last summer and haven't needed to call tech support yet.

Blackberry/Lotus Notes was the standard for corporate security when smart phones first came out. No longer and they never kept up.