Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyDee

My Fancy Pictures !

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

These are my 2 first pencil poppers ! I think I did OK ! The Yellow/White one worked great. The one with the black wasn't weighted enough. It sat kinda level and was hard to work properly. I cant remember why i put a smaller weight in that one. Next time i will remember not to.

Pencils on fancy dancy housy driftwood !

<br />

I really liked the paint on this one. 

Reweight it. No sense not liking it. Pull it apart, remove tail weight, redrill hole. Use a Qtip to apply sealer. Slap new weight in and wire it. Done.

These are my 2 first pencil poppers ! I think I did OK ! The Yellow/White one worked great. The one with the black wasn't weighted enough. It sat kinda level and was hard to work properly. I cant remember why i put a smaller weight in that one. Next time i will remember not to.

Pencils on fancy dancy housy driftwood !

rubberband weights tu tail to get that tail down attitude you want. Then do what the other poster suggested about reweighting.

Thanks everybody. I didn't think of re weighting it !

I tell ya. For the newbie builder, as I am, every single pencil comes out different. You know. And it really helped to check the attitude of the plug in a bucket of water.

But now that you've throughwired already, it's a good idea to just reweight because you will gain all that experience from the one plug as opposed to getting that experience on a per plug basis. You know, it's a fascinating process that you truly can speed up at the flick of a switch, or the snip of a wire.