Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gaff & Release

plugging the holes?

7 posts in this topic

Im planning to use my yak(Frenzy) in deal lake this summer, and for those of you who are familiar with deal lake, you are also familiar with the water qualityupck.gif So i figured id wanna plug up the holes on my yak to stop that water from gettin in. The only thing i had thought of was a strip of ductape on each side of the hole in the bottom of the yak. Does someone have a better idea???

[This message has been edited by Striper head (edited 01-04-2002).]

Try www.oceankayak.com or any ocean kayak dealer. Or cut up pool noodles and stuff them in the holes. I have also had good luck with rigid foam rubber practice golf balls. Also the nerf gun balls work. The makeshift things worked better than the OK scupper stoppers. Have fun Dave

Rather than order from Ocean Kayak, I purchased mine at the Jersey Paddler in Brick. They have pretty much anything you could want for your kayak.

Striperhead- keep me posted on when ya wanna hit Deal Lake I was in there a few times last year & it is kind of fun when the surf isn't happening. I does stain the bottom of the boat a bit but nothing a good rinse wont take off, besides when you paddle your gonna get a bit of that nice water on your head smile.gif

I was all ready to go hit it recently for some Pike but the whole thing is froze over.

-Mark

[This message has been edited by Marksharky (edited 01-05-2002).]

Don't buy scupper plugs unless you want to spend money needlessly. Just go to a hardware store and purchase the robber stoppers that the plugs are made from. Drill a whole through the stopper and attach string which you knot at each end. Same as the plugs at about a 1/10th of the cost.