Time to get her ready....

Rate this topic

H'Islander

Stripped off her winter bed clothes and started cleaning up.....Dropped off that bent rudder shaft at a machine house to see if he could straighten it or replace it... When we see 60 deg and sunshines steady I'll bust out the bilge soap and a fresh coat of paint below decks.

Oh BTW - Wish her a Happy Birthday - She turned 40 this year~!

"When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

She's a 1973 Uniflite the Model is called the Salty Dog. 28 Ft, twin Chrysler 318's. The hull is Kevlar. They were built for the Navy to patrol the rivers in Viet Nam. In '73 we were pulling out of Nam, so Uniflite had some Hulls already built in Kevlar that they put recreational tops onto - the rest they layed up in FG. Very Solid and stable boats for their size, spry and nimble with 2 small block V8's and rudders like barn doors. I stole her for $9K about 4 years ago.

"When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

Just make certain when you consider letting her go, you check to see what kind of shape I'm in FIRST !!! Ya never know. I might actually have a few bucks again someday buddy...:D

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Just make certain when you consider letting her go, you check to see what kind of shape I'm in FIRST !!! Ya never know. I might actually have a few bucks again someday buddy...:D

Deal~!....but I still have an infatuation with her!

Deal~!....but I still have an infatuation with her!

You'd always be welcome Buddy. Besides, once I get back on the water, it won't take long to get dialed back in again and it'll be Shark and tuna heaven when you come...:D

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Did some boat building a few years back, making up fiberglass hulls from a classic wooden boat mold called the Whitehull as detailed in one of John Gardner's book. One of the projects that was happening in the shop at the time, was to figure out what was the thickness of Kevlar mat that would resist a shot from a 45 cal. Reason being the hull was to be used in the Carribean and at the time there was a lot of pirating/ambushing going on and the owners wanted a good fight without worrying that their hull was going to sink!! HA

There was some fun testing going on out back.