Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evil-Bay

Orvis Silver Sonic waders

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with these waders?  Seems it was made for the river, so im not sure how it would stand up to saltwater conditions.  Let me know!

these are probabbally gonna be next pair. ive only ever worn orvis, and just as an experience thing with the company they are great. great cutomer service, lifetime warranty, and a fantastic pair of waders. if you do get them, let us know how they hold up.

Ij gonna need new waders soon. The pair i have fromm orvis now have nbeen good for themost part. Thogh orvis didnnt stantr behind them when the boot fell apart.

I see this thread is dated March, but I figured I'd give some input on these waders.

I purchased these and the Korkers Chrome boots in early April. These were bought to replace 2 pairs of waders- Silver Label bootfoots and Orvis neoprenes both which I had for 10 years that went at the same time last year.

Before I write about the new Silver Sonics, I think it is worth mentioning the service I received from Orvis when the boots on the 10 year old Silver Labels started filling with sand last year. The left foot began filling with sand inside the sole and the boot was like 5 pounds. I brought them in to the Orvis store in Greenvale to see if they had a way to repair for a fee (I loved those waders). They immeditely sent them in to the repair shop- free of charge- and told me I'd receive a call shortly. About 3 days later I got a call from the repair dept, and they said they would be no way to get the sand out without destroying the boot. I thanked them for trying, and before they hung up, they got my information and offered 20% off of a new pair of waders.

This was awesome customer service.

Anyway- I started shopping for the new waders and I was between three pairs- the Endura bootfoot, the Pro Guides and the Silver Sonics.

I had never owned a pair of stockingfoots, but with the amount of walking I do, I thoguht it would be a good idea. Only worry was sand entering the boot while fishing the open beach.

I decided on the Silver Sonics- and I am sure now that I made the right decision!

After 25+ outings, I can definitely say that these are the BEST waders I have ever owned. They are ultra lightweight, they fit perfect, the suspenders allow you to wear them as pants with no adjustments, the waterproof pockets are actually waterproof, no leaks, breathable, easy to relieve yourself when nature calls and much much more.

My worries about the sand getting in are no more. The Korkers boots are awesome, and the gravel guards built into the waders keep all sand out. I was out on some rough days, and I had absolutely no discomfort due to sand.

Hope this review helps. These are awesome waders.

Hi John,

Thanks for your review and input on these waders.  If its as good on sand as you say they are, im going to possibly invest in a pair.  But then i might cheap out on a pair of boots, maybe get Cabelas Lug sole boots to pair up with the waders.

Enjoyed reading your review.  Keep us posted if you can on these waders after you have used it some more!

I've had my Simms waders and wading boots for almost 20 years. I've only had to patch them once and I use them for both salt and fresh water. The boots are getting close to dying (one of the metal eyelets came out this season) but for the money (they were expensive waders close the $300 and boots $180) I think I got a great value.