Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadMedic366

Last Cod 2013

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Went out on the Island Current for first time yesterday out of Snug. We left with the high hopes of limiting out by 930 like reports all have said but that was not how the day went .... at all. It was a beautiful day on the water and I never have days like that when I am FLuke fishing but anyways, started inshore , not one fish or bump....... The captain decided to head offshore to fish some wrecks. Pulled up and anchored up at first wreck ... BANG !! my sold out shoulder to shoulder side of the boat was hooking up but not the other , so we left.... The pool winner came from that first wreck and so did my first and last bump. Next wreck other side of the boat in the bow section were hooking up while we were getting nothing. I was jigging with a local hooker rod Acid wrap and hung something and BANG, it was a Chucktown Bway moment when it sounded like a .22 went off in my ear as half my pole was shot to the bottom of the E ffn ocean and I stood there with a dumbfounded look as I took in what had just occurred. Now I'm pissed, we continue to fish some other wrecks with little to no bite..... SO .... A 4 hour ride back to Snug harbor good day with the Island Current, just not a bite, close to Cod season and Striper opener ? I think so ...

Hours got there at 410 boat was packed already.... ship left at 0500 came back to the dock at 2000 (Yes 8 PM) got home and yelled at by 2110 ..... ravioli.gif

Total loss- iPod, busted rod, hurt ego ....... 

Actually, although what they do to it makes it taste like schit, the pollack that McD uses is frozen blocks of the smaller fish fillets cut into that square-fish shape while still froze....and shipped to a processing plant to be dipped in whatever McD's dips all their stuff in to make it all taste the same no matter what POS you order off the menu....

However, I do eat that schit once or tweice a year in a pinch....Sometimes the only thing I want is some concoction of grease, salt and bread...:(:D

Went out on the Island Current for first time yesterday out of Snug. We left with the high hopes of limiting out by 930 like reports all have said but that was not how the day went .... at all. It was a beautiful day on the water and I never have days like that when I am FLuke fishing but anyways, started inshore , not one fish or bump....... The captain decided to head offshore to fish some wrecks. Pulled up and anchored up at first wreck ... BANG !! my sold out shoulder to shoulder side of the boat was hooking up but not the other , so we left.... The pool winner came from that first wreck and so did my first and last bump. Next wreck other side of the boat in the bow section were hooking up while we were getting nothing. I was jigging with a local hooker rod Acid wrap and hung something and BANG, it was a Chucktown Bway moment when it sounded like a .22 went off in my ear as half my pole was shot to the bottom of the E ffn ocean and I stood there with a dumbfounded look as I took in what had just occurred. Now I'm pissed, we continue to fish some other wrecks with little to no bite..... SO .... A 4 hour ride back to Snug harbor good day with the Island Current, just not a bite, close to Cod season and Striper opener ? I think so ...

Hours got there at 410 boat was packed already.... ship left at 0500 came back to the dock at 2000 (Yes 8 PM) got home and yelled at by 2110 ..... ravioli.gif

Total loss- iPod, busted rod, hurt ego ....... 

Buddy of mine buys the occasional charter on the slaves ships said the frances boats are packed with waiting lists and it's hit or miss as the season draws to an end. It seems to be maxed limits or nothing at all. Doggies galore he said. I'll wait another 40 to 60 days and start in on the fluke...:)

I will say this I like to support Frances Fleet but the crew on Island Current was top notch and I will say they tried like hell to get us fish and they were the Top Hook on Fri !! Ill be doing the Island Current again

Its been real hit or miss all season, the fish are moving all around and the fleet can't always find them. Same goes for the Montauk based boats.

MadMedic366 Thanks so much for giving the Island Current a shot . Its funny that you came out on the boat when the boat had its biggest showing of fishermen . I tryed to do all I could to keep you at the reel after you popped your rod . I evern offered my personal rod to you to use . As you and I both know its fishing , I know you have many rods but that rod happen to be your number one tool to fight those fish . Someone took my rod and reel and my brand new skins off the boat with them last year . My rod and reel cost a little over $900 . Talk about not happy . Well I just wished you were apart of one of those days many of use on the IC fleet have seen were its nostop fishing until its time to go home . I love fishing to much to me to just dont come back to party boat fishing . The women you had out with you was on top of her game , I hope to see both you and her out soon and I hope I am there when you show up . I hope we get a few more shots at the fish before seasons ends . All I can say to you and the many other fishermen is that the IC fleet will go to the end to try and find the winter king . Thanks so much for coming out if you need a new rod made let me know I can get a nice rod made for you . Until next time Tight line Brownboy ;););)